ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 05/10/07 10:55 PM Posted 05/10/07 10:55 PM The police arent taking their beer for a party down the station on Monday night, all confiscated beer can be claimed after the event. How you claim it I dunno!Much the same kinda thing happens down here for Summernats every year. Cars and beer mix well, cars and drunks who cant control themselves do not. Once again its a few bad apples that spoil it for everyone.But I must say, as a entrant, Summernats being a no-bring-your-own-grog affair has certainly made the place better for all IMHO.
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/10/07 11:45 PM Posted 05/10/07 11:45 PM I went to earthcore last year year where there was a fairly strong police presence.......outside the gates. Once your inside its fine. The police new there was going to be lots of drugs and alcohol but they also understood people paid 120 bucks a pop to attend the 3 day event without being hassled. A couple of officers would do the rounds every now and then and people off there heads would come up and say hello and ask how there night was going and it was all real friendly. The cops were there to make sure everyone was ok, not to hassle them all weekend. And the realationship between police and ravers was fine.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 06/10/07 12:38 AM Posted 06/10/07 12:38 AM If anything I think it will help boost numbers - a significant amount of people keep away from the place thanks to all the crap that happens, especially up on the mountain.It sucks that they have to bring in such extreme measures, but like Mickus mentioned we have the few bad apples to thank for that.
IEATV8S Member 354 Member For: 19y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: Albury, NSW Posted 06/10/07 12:46 AM Posted 06/10/07 12:46 AM Do you really think they needed to bring water cannons though? that's asking for trouble if you ask me. There is nothing wrong with a police presence though.I don't know about you but if I was a cop and there were posibly thousands of people that could get out of hand and riot I would like to know there was a water cannon on hand. Im not saying it will and probably won't because for the most part everyone behaves. Also there are worst things the police could use.
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 06/10/07 01:25 AM Posted 06/10/07 01:25 AM They spent, what was it, $500K on that water cannon, if I spent that much money on something, id be keen as to try it out on some drunks too!
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 06/10/07 12:38 PM Posted 06/10/07 12:38 PM 50 people have been charged with drug related charges already. Its just the police flexing their muscle and trying to show whose the boss. The police have done this in the past at Bathurst when they used to have the Motorbike Grand Prix there and all that did was cause tension between the police and motorcycle gangs which caused violent riots and this went on for years. If the police continue to pester people on the mountain it WILL end in violent riots. Hopefully the police have more sense but I dont think they do!wow they found 50 ppl and charged them with having or using drugs. Isnt this there job anymore??Im sure there up there targeting the drink drivers as well and will get 50 of them and then someone will start a post about that too.
Evil F6 Legacy Donating Member 830 Member For: 20y 8m 24d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 07/10/07 12:24 PM Posted 07/10/07 12:24 PM A fair % of the crowd at bathurst are just taking up precious oxygen and should be tossed out an air-lock. Sh!t-fa-brains yobs, it's the one time I support police brutality.
urslow Resident golf buggy drift champion Legacy Donating Member 815 Member For: 20y 11m 14d Location: Lismore NSW Posted 08/10/07 09:38 AM Posted 08/10/07 09:38 AM A fair % of the crowd at bathurst are just taking up precious oxygen and should be tossed out an air-lock. Sh!t-fa-brains yobs, it's the one time I support police brutality.I agree......seriously...why the I <3 Bananas would you goto bathurst and get totally wasted so u spew and have a fight with someone and not even remember the race? surely u can goto the local pub and do that...if u go there to get smashed and be a fukwit I hope you get bashed and locked in a paddywagon.... I <3 Bananas off and leave the races to people who actually like racing!!
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 08/10/07 09:39 AM Posted 08/10/07 09:39 AM You are not making your thoughts very clear there....care to elaborate?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now