hanra Into the laaaake Member 1,532 Member For: 19y 3m 13d Gender: Male Location: Nrth Qld Posted 16/12/07 09:32 AM Author Posted 16/12/07 09:32 AM (edited) Yes. But you have to cut out a hole for it to fit into.These measurements are perfect: http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...st&id=12866Once lost...... Now found. Edited 16/12/07 09:37 AM by hanra
Locky28 Member 59 Member For: 18y 10m 2d Gender: Male Location: Rockhampton Posted 20/12/07 12:47 AM Posted 20/12/07 12:47 AM I did this yesterday and I'm very happy with it.I went down to the Tropical Ford (in Rockhampton) and asked the bloke there at spare parts about it. He didn't know exactly what I was talking about but he brought up a diagram on his PC screen of all the air box parts for the XR6/Typhoon and I just pointed out what I wanted, fortunately he had 1 of them out back and I got it for about $63.Followed Kaines instructions and measurements and if fitted perfectly. +1 Karma for him.Only problem was that by the time my mate and I got around to fitting it back in it was about 7pm so we couldn't see that well and I got one of the airbox clips stuck inside the headlamp cover >_< but other than that very nice.I have noticed that I seem to have less turbo lag after this mod.
castro7 rob327 Member 227 Member For: 18y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW and Bribie Island QLD Posted 06/04/08 05:34 AM Posted 06/04/08 05:34 AM I did this last night... Thanks for the measurements and tip on how to get that front bolt in.... makes complete sense..I used a builders pencil to mark it all out, a spade bit to make big round corners, and a jigsaw to cut.Im not entirely stupid... just not too experience with tools....found that its a good idea to get the saw running at full speed before you try to cut with it... other wise it cracks/splits the plastic...also thought it was a good idea (common sense) to wash/wipe and dry the box before I put it back in, making sure there was no tiny bits of plastic anywhere to get sucked into the filter...I found it was more acurate to hold the jigsaw still, and move the box to cut along the lines... Not sure of safety issues there, but that's what worked best for me..I found performance improved, more weight transfer when you plant it... but it could have been combined with cool weather conditions, not common in QLD until recenty.. Regardless l/100 seems slightly down... and there was a massive drop in underbonnet temps...Hope that helps anyone...
XRPete Member 673 Member For: 19y 17d Gender: Male Location: Here Posted 06/04/08 06:07 AM Posted 06/04/08 06:07 AM good to here ya happy with it mate
SubJimbo ŠύЂפֿĺmβø ™ Legacy Donating Member 1,216 Member For: 18y 8m 26d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/04/08 06:12 AM Posted 06/04/08 06:12 AM I will have to get mine done soon
dev33 Member 44 Member For: 18y 9m 12d Gender: Male Location: Rockhampton CQ Posted 06/05/08 10:38 AM Posted 06/05/08 10:38 AM Just fitted an F6 snorkel and a K&N filter. Heaps more induction noisepretty happy. Yet to stretch the legs a little cant wait for the weekend
Grudgee Every Mod's Favourite Member Member 1,496 Member For: 18y 6m 23d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/05/08 11:47 AM Posted 06/05/08 11:47 AM I bought the lower box and snorkel off ebay for my TT. All original and fits good, but getting the snorkel to fit was amazingly difficult. I nearly cut my arm off trying to pry the end of the snorkel into place in the box. It's like the hole is slightly too small. I threw a tantrum and threw the snorkel against the wall - it's still on the floor and I'm just running the box with the hole in the front. Might revisit this weekend, as it's a shame to have spent $140 on the box and snorkel, when I could have just cut my original box. Stupid snorkel.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 20d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 06/05/08 11:51 AM Posted 06/05/08 11:51 AM I can't beleive you had that much trouble putting the snorkel in Grudgee! Try and remove the base of the airbox and fit the snorkel while it is out of the car, then feed it down as you put the box back in
hanra Into the laaaake Member 1,532 Member For: 19y 3m 13d Gender: Male Location: Nrth Qld Posted 06/05/08 12:18 PM Author Posted 06/05/08 12:18 PM Hmm, I found it quite simple. Yeah shove the snorkel in with the airbox out, then b4 you fit the snorkel to the airbox, fit the 3rd bolt for the air box, you can get simple access through the hole in the box. Then squeeze the snorkel into place. Mine was all soft and rubbery and was simple as.
castro7 rob327 Member 227 Member For: 18y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW and Bribie Island QLD Posted 06/05/08 01:07 PM Posted 06/05/08 01:07 PM yeh that's how its done....stuff the snorkel in under the light... by itselfthen bolt in the lower air box in place...then attach the rubbery snorkel to the lower box after that sneaky 3rd bolt is done...then clip the top back on...SWEEET! - http://photos-497.ll.facebook.com/photos-l...803402_8011.jpg
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now