To The Good Highway Patrol On M5

alanb007

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 10m 20d

I was driving out West along the M5 last night and was pulled over by the Police.

I had going along at about 120kph with a bit of a squirt to get pas some traffic.

I had been checking my mirror and noticed a car was keeping up with me, so I started to slow down.

5 seconds later the flashing lights started.

I pulled over and waited for the bad news.

The Highway Patrol guy told me that everything was being recorded, both video and audio and then told me how long he had been following me and also gave me what speed I had got up to.

He took my licence and then looked in the car to see I had my family with me.

He then said "drive carefully, stick to the speed limit and look after your family"

He then walked back to the patrol car. No ticket, no fine, just a friendly bollocking.

So, dude, thankyou for how you treated me! I did not expect it and probably did not deserve it, but greatly appreciated nonetheless.

All Police are not the same, which was proven for me last night.

He may be an member of this site and if so - dude, I owe you a beer!

Thanks!!

:beerchug:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 13d

I had one the other morning.

Left early on Saturday to meet Dad on the boat with my son and was doing about 70 in a 50 zone. I saw the highway cop car with the radar out the side, he flashed his lights and I was already on the brakes.

Up the road was a cop with a laser. I do not know if the radar was working on the cop car, or he was just warning me of the speed trap.

It does show you that there are cops that see there can be "safe speeding", and use their judgement and not always book you.

• BIGRED
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 4d

PHEW you were lucky! a friend of mine had his car impounded for chirping his wheels at the lights in a N/A 300zx. I guess you get the good cops with the brains and you get the bad cops with a quota.

• Member For: 17y 6m 28d

I lady I know is a police woman and she tells me that when they are out and about they agree on a limit I.e. if its in the 1 point bracket 0-14, they dont worry bout it. On the flip side, they have pulled someone over who was doin over 30 over in a 80, just as they were ready to grab the book and get out of the car, the fella held his badge out the window. A polite wave and he was off scott free.

Her reasoning was if you work at kfc, you get free chicken, if your a cop, you generally got off on stuff. She did tell me though that some traffic coppers, dont care who they pull over, if its a public citizen or another cop. One cop gave this traffic cop an attitude and he went the whole nine yards, made him walk the line, take a breathalizer, the works.

Karma I tell you......

Edited by jcooke

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m 8d
Quota had been meet.:buttrock:

Or just the right thing to do. Only 10 over, late at night, fairly new model car, no other traffic around, major freeway with crash barriers, well lit up at night and a good a traffic record.

I.B.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 10m 20d

Guys, thanks for the comments.

I am sitting at home having a Crown Lager knowing how lucky I was.

When I passed a few cars, I must have got to 130, but only for a short while.

I was sure I was toast when I was pulled over.

I have to admit that today I was a wimp and stuck to the speed limit wherever I went.

I could never live it down (with the family) if I had a lucky escape, ignored the warning and then bought a ticket to the Policemans Ball!

:w00t2:

Alanb