cooltint Member 686 Member For: 23y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast QLD Posted 17/08/07 04:07 PM Posted 17/08/07 04:07 PM I need more grip too. The standard dunlop sp3000a are spinning like crazy(310rwkws) I'm running 235/45 R17. The local beaurepaires dealer thought either dunlop sport maxx or goodyear f1 GSD3. both priced @ $265 ea Any thoughts would be appreciated. Double banger post Has anyone tried toyo proxes r spec?I've been running the Sport Maxx for the past 24,000km and so far they are pretty good, can't complain about grip wet or dry, but then it's only a stock Typhoon. Sometimes they're noisey on rough surfaces but not quite as bad as the original SP9000's.I was considering the GSD3, they are particularly good in the wet and similar in the dry, with around 20k life expectancy.As for the R Spec tyres they will offer excellent dry weather grip but not so good in the wet and will last about half as long (10-15k's).As Cro suggests the Michelin PP2's are a great tyre if you can get them for around the same price as the Dunlops or Goodyears.Good LuckBig AL
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 24d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 18/08/07 12:20 AM Posted 18/08/07 12:20 AM I need more grip too. The standard dunlop sp3000a are spinning like crazy(310rwkws) I'm running 235/45 R17. The local beaurepaires dealer thought either dunlop sport maxx or goodyear f1 GSD3. both priced @ $265 ea Any thoughts would be appreciated. Double banger post Has anyone tried toyo proxes r spec?Like I said, you wont find a better tyre than the Michelin PP2's in 17" form.The sport maxx, and gsd3's are for lack of a better word are quite sh*t in comparison
ColinT Legacy Donating Member 372 Member For: 21y 8m 3d Posted 18/08/07 01:03 AM Posted 18/08/07 01:03 AM Looking around for 234/45/17 myself.I have been recommended, the Yokohama C Drive and the Bridgestone Adrenaline.Both tyres have near identical tread patterns, or at least the tread layout in similar.Price wise $235 to $265 per tyre.
cooltint Member 686 Member For: 23y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast QLD Posted 18/08/07 03:52 AM Posted 18/08/07 03:52 AM (edited) Looking around for 234/45/17 myself.I have been recommended, the Yokohama C Drive and the Bridgestone Adrenaline.Both tyres have near identical tread patterns, or at least the tread layout in similar.Price wise $235 to $265 per tyre.Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe those two tyres are "Performance Tyres" and not "High Performance Tyres". Depends on what you are looking for in a tyre I guess.I would suggest seeking out the Maxxis MA-Z1, these are High Performance tyres @ regular Performance Tyre prices. Don't get the MA-V1 they are the Performance version and a little cheaper. Expect to pay between $150 - $200 each.Another tyre that is good value for the money is the Nexen 3000. I have them in 225/50/16 on our Salesmanagers Corolla wagon which I drive occasionaly and I'm impressed with their performance wet or dry abeit not having the power of a "T" could be a differnt story. Tread pattern is very similar to Goodyear F1 GDS3, I pay around $160 - $180 for these.Big AL Edited 18/08/07 04:06 AM by cooltint
trevs Member 781 Member For: 19y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: balmain Posted 18/08/07 12:54 PM Posted 18/08/07 12:54 PM has anybody fitted Falken Azenis RT-615 on the standard 17 inch rims if so what where they like great tyre on wrx and evos
luckyboyd Member 55 Member For: 19y 7m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 20/08/07 02:05 PM Posted 20/08/07 02:05 PM Like I said, you wont find a better tyre than the Michelin PP2's in 17" form.The sport maxx, and gsd3's are for lack of a better word are quite sh*t in comparison I always thought michelin used 'sport' for their high performance tyres. I haven't looked for a while I'll admit. I read somewhere that porsche used sport cup tyres as standard on one of their RS models and work a treat in the dry at least. If I upgrade to 18" what tyres would you recommend
ROLMDL role model Member 1,111 Member For: 20y 6m 24d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne,S.E Posted 20/08/07 02:16 PM Posted 20/08/07 02:16 PM Yokohama or Michelin are the best tyres IMO very gripy tyres and low tyre noise.
luckyboyd Member 55 Member For: 19y 7m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 20/08/07 03:03 PM Posted 20/08/07 03:03 PM I'll get some prices
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 24d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 20/08/07 11:55 PM Posted 20/08/07 11:55 PM I always thought michelin used 'sport' for their high performance tyres. I haven't looked for a while I'll admit. I read somewhere that porsche used sport cup tyres as standard on one of their RS models and work a treat in the dry at least. If I upgrade to 18" what tyres would you recommendThey would be the Michelin Pilot Sport Cups. They are a semi slick tyre, that directly competes with the Pirelli Corsa, however not recommend for wet weather.They are also standard tyres on the M3 CSL and a few other road legal race cars.What you would want is the Michelin Pilot Sport 2's, these are the tyres standard on Porsche Carerra GT, 911 Turbo, Bugatti Veyron, Konisegg CCX, McLaren SLR and a whole host of other supercars. Simply put there is no dry/wet road tyre better than the PS2. Of course this reflected in the price @ $620 a corner for 18" wheels.
YellowTurbo Member 163 Member For: 20y 14d Gender: Male Location: Darwin Posted 21/08/07 10:42 AM Posted 21/08/07 10:42 AM Depend where you live. Good years, eagle F1's or revspec.Dry go with a semi slick, I keen to give those semi ferrials a good.Heard good things.....I have Sp3000's though and struggle with 250rwkw.My mazda familia gtr had 245kw at all fours and ran eagle f1's
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now