the_dragz Member 33 Member For: 19y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: S.E Melbourne Posted 05/07/07 02:28 AM Posted 05/07/07 02:28 AM hey guys, might sound stupid or what ever, but my rear tyres both popped at the same time...(no burnouts what so ever) must have ran over something. Anyways, being tubeless I thought I would take them both off and take down to beau repairs...so they can patch em up for me just untill I get time to get new pair. As I jacked the car up, I took 4 lock nuts off......the 5th one seemed not to come off, as I looked closer it was all craved up and it had some patterned shape over it...as if it is meant to be undone with a special key, there is one on each wheel. I don't know if this is some way of preventing theft or what ever, but I was not supplied with a bloody weird key!!!!! any ideas?regards,dragz
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 16d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 05/07/07 02:34 AM Posted 05/07/07 02:34 AM i took 4 lock nuts off.........as if it is meant to be undone with a special key,regards,dragz
Billsta Member 355 Member For: 20y 2m 25d Location: Rolling on my 20's Posted 05/07/07 02:38 AM Posted 05/07/07 02:38 AM
wilko117 Member 67 Member For: 20y 7m 8d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/07/07 02:45 AM Posted 05/07/07 02:45 AM Hey mate your best best is to find someone with a set of locknut brakers, few people have ie suspension joints they will get your lock nut off but it will be useless after or you can have a go by smashing a socket that fits over it. Either way good luck.Wilko
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 05/07/07 04:37 AM Posted 05/07/07 04:37 AM Check in the boot on the right where the jack is. There should be a little velvet bag with the locknut socket. Also check the glovebox or where the spare wheel is.
the_dragz Member 33 Member For: 19y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: S.E Melbourne Posted 05/07/07 02:36 PM Author Posted 05/07/07 02:36 PM YES DAGABOND! ;laugh it off hahaha...I just realised what I wrote...I was fuming man!!! god damn dealers!turns out I had to drive around all day! and still didn't get the tyres changed! but the dealers sent me to some tyre place...where they chizzled off the locknut on all 4 wheels...and put a new set and gave me the key this time! so tomorrow new shoes go on...finally!!!thanks for the help guys much appreciated
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 21d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 11/07/07 05:35 AM Posted 11/07/07 05:35 AM hahaahahahahah..... STICKY STICKY!!!!!!!make this as popular as jetmirs thread LOL!!!
rhys86 Legacy Donating Member 443 Member For: 19y 9m Gender: Male Location: Wollongong Posted 11/07/07 08:50 AM Posted 11/07/07 08:50 AM Hey mate your best best is to find someone with a set of locknut brakers, few people have ie suspension joints they will get your lock nut off but it will be useless after or you can have a go by smashing a socket that fits over it. Either way good luck.Wilko . Buy a cheap socket and smash it over th etop and that should do the trick or else your going to have to get a tow which would hurt the back pocket
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now