PROXRT Member 105 Member For: 19y 6m 29d Posted 17/05/07 09:14 AM Posted 17/05/07 09:14 AM hay guys have any of you got the alpine vehicle hub and what do you think of it. cheers Jarrod
Master G Legacy Donating Member 511 Member For: 22y 11m 12d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 17/05/07 10:08 AM Posted 17/05/07 10:08 AM I am using it with nav sat, dvd and CD stacker and fine it integrates well, only small gripes are the loss of the steering wheel switches and a small overlay with the clock. Still overall I would recommend it.RegardsM G
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 11d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 17/05/07 10:11 AM Posted 17/05/07 10:11 AM So the steering wheel controls don't work at all anymore?? Or just when using the hub?
PURVIE Sexy Member Legacy Donating Member 524 Member For: 19y 9m 24d Gender: Male Location: Berwick, VIC Posted 17/05/07 10:46 AM Posted 17/05/07 10:46 AM Hey guys,Ive got a mate who helped develop this Alpine V-HUB. And the steering wheel switches can work by using infrared. They can slipstream an infrared module into the hub and the steering wheel acts as a 'remote control' if you will. But it can be done!
Master G Legacy Donating Member 511 Member For: 22y 11m 12d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 18/05/07 07:28 AM Posted 18/05/07 07:28 AM Didnt know about the infra red option wil look into it. But with the standard set up the steering wheel switches only work when you have the hub switch to the ford system. Not when using any of the additional plugged in units.RegardsM G
FreoTragic Member 10 Member For: 19y 4m 23d Gender: Male Location: Yokine WA Posted 22/05/07 05:15 AM Posted 22/05/07 05:15 AM hay guys have any of you got the alpine vehicle hub and what do you think of it. cheers JarrodHi there,Just bought an Alpine 211A vehicle hub for my XR6T, only to be told by the local alpine dealer I need a further ~$1000 worth of wiring harness to hook it up to the ICC.Before I throw it in the bin, can anyone help me out with info regarding installation of this unit, ie are the wiring harness for BF that expensive, or can I fudge a custom one to connect it in?Also can anyone tell me if the 'Navigation Out' is the output I'd be porting to the ICC for video?Many thanks!Simon
bob^ Member 170 Member For: 22y 11m 1d Location: Geelong Posted 22/05/07 06:46 AM Posted 22/05/07 06:46 AM You will (I assume) need a composite to RGB converter. You can get a good one for about $300 from http://www.carconverters.com.au/products/S...verter/236.htmlI use one of those in my BA and can't fault it. Although I only have an Alpine DVD headunit, not the hub
FreoTragic Member 10 Member For: 19y 4m 23d Gender: Male Location: Yokine WA Posted 22/05/07 10:17 AM Posted 22/05/07 10:17 AM Not sure about needing the converter, thanks for your reply though - this link suggests it does have RGB out;http://www.ikesound-car-audio.com/rec/3052-Alpine-VPA-B211A/Far as I can tell the navigation system passthru is RGB. What I don't yet know is whether the navigation out is the main out, and can be hooked straight to the screen via a wiring harness (bought or botched together).If so I'll be happy.. Can probably work the rest out with the help of this quality forum.Cheers all!Si
DAN682 Member 36 Member For: 19y 3m 9d Gender: Male Location: Mandurah, WA Posted 26/06/07 10:49 AM Posted 26/06/07 10:49 AM Sorry to dig up an old thread, but it is better than starting another!I have the steering wheel controls working on my car with a VHUB Pro VPA-B222R it works via the infrared which has been mentioned before.What I want to know is 2 things if anybody knows the answer to either...1: Is there ANY way you can stop the audio off display from showing when turning up the VHUB's volume with the steering wheel controls as it is annoying? Obviously if you have the factory radio on, it comes up with the audio turning up overlaying over the VHUB's display also, so if somebody knows have you can disable that all together, that will be great.2: I have the following connected to the VHUB iPod via AiNetDVD PlayerAmps and subs and;VDO Dayton MS5400 Sat NavAccording to the installer you can not have the Sat nav running in screen mode whilst you have music playing through the speakers, be it radio or ipod as it is on its own separate port, I have heard that you can possibly get an alpine lead of some descript and splice the wires so the gps will be on, all the ports, does anybody have any information on if this is correct and if so any problems which has risen from doing it, or even better... a different way in how to do it?Thanks for any infoDan
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now