ritzy Member 119 Member For: 19y 8m 13d Gender: Male Location: Lysterfield, Melbourne Posted 01/05/07 01:24 PM Posted 01/05/07 01:24 PM (edited) I'm a tradie and own a ute. I can't be the only one needing this. Need to carry bits and pieces in back of ute.Trying to find a some sort of divider or set-up that is made for the job. something I can buy from the shops all ready done. Something that will partition it up so I can put a few boxes and stuff in,but mainly divide it up to small areas. So stuff doesn't move from one end of tray to the other.Last resort will be to make something out of wood. But will look crappy and take time which I should be spending on Sub/speaker box. Any one bought of, know anything around or has mad something. Then your help would be great. Thanks RiTzY... Edited 01/05/07 01:24 PM by ritzy
Felix Large Member Member 564 Member For: 19y 7m 26d Location: Brisvegas Posted 01/05/07 01:38 PM Posted 01/05/07 01:38 PM You might have already seen this,ClickyI'm going to be making something like this but a little more adjustable. Staining it and doing some fancy wood work to make it look a little less average.Felix
spine Legacy Donating Member 642 Member For: 20y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Footscrayastan Posted 01/05/07 07:40 PM Posted 01/05/07 07:40 PM dont be lazy and build it ya self!!! its not that hard
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 02/05/07 03:28 AM Posted 02/05/07 03:28 AM Meshman was selling the horizontal deviders, but it costs more to get them up here from Melbourne than what he was selling them for. Not sure if he's around here much any more as the moderators were picking on him but he was selling on ebay
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 18d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 02/05/07 04:00 AM Posted 02/05/07 04:00 AM Not sure if he's around here much any more as the moderators were picking on him Frog
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 02/05/07 04:43 AM Posted 02/05/07 04:43 AM
alpha Member 266 Member For: 19y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 02/05/07 10:36 AM Posted 02/05/07 10:36 AM Hey Ritzy - it's really not that difficult. I'm as lazy as one gets with no wood working experience but I bought some chip boards - glued/screwed them together and asked a friend (audio installer) to carpet the boards in black speaker surround carpet. Approx $20.00 in total. I saw a guy who made his partition in polished jarrah. Expensive but looked great.
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 24d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 02/05/07 01:26 PM Posted 02/05/07 01:26 PM (edited) get some 30mm pine planks about 200 high and cut them to length and stick them in from side to side in those plastic bits inside the tray.... the lengthways ones are sh*t imo, still doenst stop things from sliding on boost!they also couple as a good motobike ramp lol Edited 02/05/07 01:27 PM by Trough Lolly
ritzy Member 119 Member For: 19y 8m 13d Gender: Male Location: Lysterfield, Melbourne Posted 02/05/07 01:57 PM Author Posted 02/05/07 01:57 PM Thanks guys.. Looks like I'm building this W/E...
XR6T8080 Member 398 Member For: 20y 2d Gender: Male Posted 06/05/07 08:55 AM Posted 06/05/07 08:55 AM I'm a tradie and own a ute. I can't be the only one needing this. Need to carry bits and pieces in back of ute.Trying to find a some sort of divider or set-up that is made for the job. something I can buy from the shops all ready done. Something that will partition it up so I can put a few boxes and stuff in,but mainly divide it up to small areas. So stuff doesn't move from one end of tray to the other.Last resort will be to make something out of wood. But will look crappy and take time which I should be spending on Sub/speaker box. Any one bought of, know anything around or has mad something. Then your help would be great. Thanks RiTzY...Im the guy that put the original instructions up on this site for making those wooden ones. I was using about 4 x 90 litre plastic containers in the back with the partitions, which have lids on also, so you could wack your tools in there so they wouldnt move around much.It just so happens, that the wood partitions I cut out exactly fit 4 x 3ft alluminium ladders (little baileys ladders) in theback, since im a painter that's good for me. or you could probably space them out and put one or two slightly bigger ladders in.The reason I didnt varnish or do anything fancy with them, is there being use for work, and there going to get scratched and marked every day, so I you make them all shiny and beautiful, there going to end up looking like varnished turds after a few weeks, I think your just better leaving them as plain old wood, unless your getting them wet, and then you could just seal them up with bond crete to stop them soaking up the water and cracking / warping.without blowing my own trumpet, this is probably the cheapest and most practical mods for any ford ute - costing around $20 from memory.I had a husband and wife walk past me the other day and she said to her husband 'look at that dear, that's what you need' . he muttered something under his breath and walked off. heheheres another photo showing them in use
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now