Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m
  • Location: BRISBANE
Posted

On a recent 1400km road trip I got to 1st hand compare a new SX6 6sp auto Aurion against my 4sp XR6T and as much as I hate to say it The Game Has Changed.

Over the 1400km journey we compared fuel and performance in which the SX6 stood up to the plate each time

Fuel wise the SX6 got 7.8/100 against the T 10/100

Each car had 3 on board and a full boot no room to spare so we were even on the weight

So it came down to the overtaking lanes getting around those 18 wheelers and I can say the SX6 stuck to my rear bumper like chewing gum under your shoe's ,and when the roles were turned around I was flat keeping up to the 6 speeder in front.

Even of the lights on an incline the SX6 put a 1/2 car length on me for the 1st 60ft then we backed off

I must admit we haven't had a chance to compare with empty boots and 1 driver only but I think it's fare to say that forgetting what the stats say the Toyota can hold it's own against the XR6T and I think it's a fare call to say look out Phoon drivers when the Supercharged TRD comes out

Putting above aside the Toyota beats the T hands down for build quality Toyota have even put sound dending under the rear wheel archers and its a nicer car to drive everyday if it wasn't for my love for the T I think I would trade up for the ZR6 or the new TRD in August..

  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Sorry mate, I can't believe that either. Although the toyota is about 200kg's lighter, there is no way that it would keep up with an XR6 Turbo. I'd be getting my car checked out if camry's are keeping up with me :roflmbo:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m
  • Location: BRISBANE
Posted

Both cars are stock maybe the 6sp T would be better against the SX6. But take out After market mods you may or may not do and take away the speed factor Ford and Expensive Daewoo are on catch up for the nicer ride for your money

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

:roflmbo:

Is it 01 April?

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m
  • Location: BRISBANE
Posted
Sorry mate, I can't believe that either. Although the toyota is about 200kg's lighter, there is no way that it would keep up with an XR6 Turbo. I'd be getting my car checked out if camry's are keeping up with me :roflmbo:

It is a 200kw 3.5 V6 6speed in which I think is about 100kg lighter against my 4 sp as my later post said against a 6 sp T maybe differant

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted (edited)

no chance... either your car has something seriously wrong with it..or you drive like a pussy :roflmbo:

get your car checked out because it makes no difference if its a 4 or a 6 speed in this instance :roflmbo:

Edited by jetute
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted
It is a 200kw 3.5 V6 6speed in which I think is about 100kg lighter against my 4 sp as my later post said against a 6 sp T maybe differant

Sorry, I stick by my original statement. If camry's are keeping up with you, there is something wrong :roflmbo:

  • Toughest BA Turbo
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
It is a 200kw 3.5 V6 6speed in which I think is about 100kg lighter against my 4 sp as my later post said against a 6 sp T maybe differant

yes but only 336Nm of torque @6200rpm.... when loaded up with 300-400kg of people and luggage I would expect it to struggle even more against the T.

I would expect the Ford to have a far better spread of torque.

Brian

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

....but then is your car run-in yet xwing?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...