F6_Charlie Legacy Donating Member 1,001 Member For: 22y 30d Gender: Male Posted 16/04/07 10:58 AM Author Posted 16/04/07 10:58 AM how much is the drift bonnet??
xlnt6 Legacy Donating Member 350 Member For: 21y 11m 29d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Victoria Posted 16/04/07 11:43 AM Posted 16/04/07 11:43 AM (edited) That's low, and with the FPV style bars you'll have some fun with driveways, etc. Looks tuff though. I had my car with SSL/SL springs and ended up raising it up again (using adjustables), the dump pipe and cat use to hit too many bumps, etc. Have a look under the rear of the car and see if you are resting on the bump stops, if you have only ten mm of travel or less you will need to cut them down or get shorten versions. If you don't and you do hard clutch dump (or hard launch in auto), you might find it will bottom out and that's a great way to bust CVs. No travel means infinite suspension rate in the rear and something else gives, a bit of tramp and bang !!!CheersRobin. Edited 16/04/07 11:44 AM by xlnt6
F6_Charlie Legacy Donating Member 1,001 Member For: 22y 30d Gender: Male Posted 16/04/07 12:12 PM Author Posted 16/04/07 12:12 PM Thanks mate, it actually looks lower then it is, I can clear drive ways fine so long as its nice and slowly lol, yeah speed bumps I can sometimes hear the cat scrap, but iam not sitting on the bump stops still a good 15mm away, as for the hard lauching I dont really drag or launch it that much anyways, rather drive it and show her off rather then fly by and ppl say what was that red thing lolcheers charlie
YPURV4 KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE, Member 2,813 Member For: 20y 4m 26d Gender: Male Posted 16/04/07 08:22 PM Posted 16/04/07 08:22 PM I dont really drag or launch it that much anyways, rather drive it and show her off rather then fly by and ppl say what was that red thing lolcheers charlie CLASSIC
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 16/04/07 09:39 PM Posted 16/04/07 09:39 PM Awsmxr I say go the drift bonnet.... the Boss bonnets have been and gone imo... The drift will looks miles tuffer and different....
F6_Charlie Legacy Donating Member 1,001 Member For: 22y 30d Gender: Male Posted 16/04/07 09:42 PM Author Posted 16/04/07 09:42 PM CLASSIC Glad you find that so funny mate lolYeah mika im think of goin the drift bonnet all depends if I can sell mine at a good price but still a little unsure
Bain Member 827 Member For: 21y 7m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 16/04/07 10:51 PM Posted 16/04/07 10:51 PM (edited) Im just trying to find a tuffer look and I was thinking that mayb the drift bonnet might do it get that rear wing off it and it will look alot tougher.. and lower!Where did you get your springs reset? and what was the price?O and keep the XR8 bonnet.. Add the twin notril thingo's in the front of it and then duct it into your airbox.. The drift bonnet looks rediculous.. Edited 16/04/07 10:52 PM by Bain
F6_Charlie Legacy Donating Member 1,001 Member For: 22y 30d Gender: Male Posted 16/04/07 11:50 PM Author Posted 16/04/07 11:50 PM Got my springs done at the tyre factory in chelt, cost me $300 bucks including rolling the rear gaurds also, pretty cheap and done a kick ass job. you think I should add what in the front cheers charlie
veczar Gold Platinum Member Member 1,081 Member For: 22y 3m 4d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 17/04/07 12:50 AM Posted 17/04/07 12:50 AM I'm a bit late but: I love the overall look, very nice exterior package. You "done" well
Bain Member 827 Member For: 21y 7m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 17/04/07 03:59 AM Posted 17/04/07 03:59 AM you think I should add what in the front cheers charlielol, it doesnt make much sense does it? I was meaning to say, you should add the 2 air scoops into the front of your buldge, like the blitz bonnet.Was that 300 to get the springs compressed? or installed? I can do the install myself, just need to find a place to reset my current springs.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now