LUMO Legacy Donating Member 476 Member For: 19y 7m 16d Gender: Male Location: SYDNEY Posted 23/03/07 07:06 AM Posted 23/03/07 07:06 AM hey guys I have seen alot of people complain about gearboxes but I havent seen any say anything about the diff.how stong are the standard diff is the 6t anyone have any problems with the standard diff in their T im just curious
xrdreaming Legacy Donating Member 1,693 Member For: 23y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 23/03/07 07:07 AM Posted 23/03/07 07:07 AM The diffs are quite a good unit. They suffer from diff whine but as far as breaking them goes, they are fairly tuff. More likely to brake housings than the diff.
Blonk Iconoclast Legacy Donating Member 4,330 Member For: 22y 3d Gender: Male Location: CH Posted 23/03/07 07:11 AM Posted 23/03/07 07:11 AM Very strong, very noisey
simonho Member 3 Member For: 19y 6m 9d Posted 23/03/07 07:15 AM Posted 23/03/07 07:15 AM the dana diff is very tough when set up correctlly!!
LUMO Legacy Donating Member 476 Member For: 19y 7m 16d Gender: Male Location: SYDNEY Posted 23/03/07 07:24 AM Author Posted 23/03/07 07:24 AM how much rwkw will if hold out roughly any I idea and if it get nosiey can it be fixed with out rebuild?
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 7d Gender: Male Posted 23/03/07 07:36 AM Posted 23/03/07 07:36 AM I think the only person who has upgraded their diff is bcl..xtreme f6 has the std diff in his 500rwkw monster, and youngy hasn't done anything to his for 430rwkw.so yea, very strong, very noisy sums it up
simonho Member 3 Member For: 19y 6m 9d Posted 23/03/07 07:49 AM Posted 23/03/07 07:49 AM I had to rebuild mine last week two of the small locating tabs for the clutch plates vanished (into small peices)complete rubuild kit ,good price too.
bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 6d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 23/03/07 08:40 AM Posted 23/03/07 08:40 AM I think the only person who has upgraded their diff is bcl..xtreme f6 has the std diff in his 500rwkw monster, and youngy hasn't done anything to his for 430rwkw.←No, not upgraded (yet); I've tried the 3.46, 3.73 & 4.10 diffs with 3 different gearbox combinations.The diff gears themselves seems to be very strong.It's just the rear housing that's been an issue.Brian
LUMO Legacy Donating Member 476 Member For: 19y 7m 16d Gender: Male Location: SYDNEY Posted 23/03/07 09:21 AM Author Posted 23/03/07 09:21 AM WOW that's mad at least I dont have to worry about a diff
hafadude Legacy Donating Member 245 Member For: 21y 4m 17d Gender: Male Location: Cairns Qld Posted 28/03/07 04:40 PM Posted 28/03/07 04:40 PM Did you see the post about 7 posts down called "New Diff"at :http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32718There are a few hassles about Falcon diffs
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now