Laner Former MPS3 Driver! Legacy Donating Member 735 Member For: 19y 7m 16d Gender: Male Location: East Ballina NSW Posted 23/03/07 01:45 PM Posted 23/03/07 01:45 PM no edit yet question answered, thanx heaps
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 14d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 24/03/07 02:19 AM Posted 24/03/07 02:19 AM mate just paint your car red and that it as long as ou car is red its fast everyone knows the RED IS FAST lol dont listen to these guys Can't argue with that comment! :auto:A good cat can cost upwards of $500 plus another couple of hundred $$ or so for fitting so just changing the cat alone may not be a "bang for buck" modification if a complete (used) system is available for only a few hundred more (don't forget to factor in fitting if your not a DIY person). The full system should give better performance than just a cat change but only once other mods such as injectors and tune are done.
ENVY-T CNUTOX Legacy Donating Member 3,098 Member For: 23y 8m 25d Gender: Male Location: Not sure? Posted 24/03/07 03:05 AM Posted 24/03/07 03:05 AM WTF??? Where are you pricing your cats from?? The persian kitty store!I can get a metalcat for under $300, hell BCL runs an x-force cat, I can get a brand new one of them for $220. No more than 100 to fit them either. And there is such a thing as too big an exhaust.
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 14d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 24/03/07 09:51 AM Posted 24/03/07 09:51 AM Yeh I may of overestimated the price, I actually paid $290 for a Magic cat myself but I'm sure the fitting was at least $200. Bugster paid $180 according to one thread I read. You can buy cats for $500 or more, I was quoted $400 for a 3.5" X-Force, there is also a thread on the forum about 5" Balistic cats for $450 and I think your good friend Jeff mentioned recently about a cat available from C&V for over $500 that is supposedly the best flowing one around. Anyway, it was just a ballpark estimation, better to be up than down in price I reckon, that way he will have a pleasant surprise when he goes to get one fitted.
CV PERFORMANCE Senior Member Member 139 Member For: 20y 1m 20d Gender: Male Location: Caringbah 9526-5322 Posted 25/03/07 10:50 PM Posted 25/03/07 10:50 PM I think your good friend Jeff mentioned recently about a cat available from C&V for over $500 that is supposedly the best flowing one around. that's correct Ross its $500 fitted.CV PERFORMANCE
bugster70 Legacy Donating Member 1,326 Member For: 21y 4m 28d Location: Canberra Posted 26/03/07 03:10 AM Posted 26/03/07 03:10 AM (edited) Ross is correct, I paid $300 for my 3.5" MetalCat and $180 to have it fitted. Also did the centre muffler replacement mod (with hot dogs, not straight through pipes) purely for sound. With the rest of the zorst stock CV still managed a comfortable 308rwkw. $500 for the CV cat (fitted) sounds like great value to me - had I known about it before I did my zorst mods I would almost certainly have gone with that. Reason I didn't go for a full system was mainly to keep the wife happy and to retain a 'stock' appearance. EDIT: Laner, I think you'll find that a single 3" system actually flows less than the stock twin 2.25", sorry to break that news to you. You'll need to go to a 3.5" system to start seeing any real gains I think. Edited 26/03/07 03:12 AM by bugster70
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 26/03/07 05:24 AM Posted 26/03/07 05:24 AM I paid $280 for the metal cat and $100 for fitting
tquarrell Member 181 Member For: 22y 1m 28d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, NSW Posted 26/03/07 06:02 AM Posted 26/03/07 06:02 AM I'm very impressed with the stock exhaust, with stock cat there are some big numbers being put through them, even higher rwkw number's with a cat (simon from xtreme knows how good they are). I am personally of the opinion that unless you're changing the engines bottom end, you don't need one (as is nizpro with their cobra kits). Having said all that, a better exhaust will let you produce the same power with lower boost which will help the valve springs etc. do it easier.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now