Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Hi ppl I need some help :blink: .. Im currently in the process of buyin a zorst for my T. I've got the option of buyin a mild steel system or stainless system ... Ive been told that stainless can sound like sh*t, and also will I need a re-tune on my RDP computer after its fitted ... Will I see a decent power increase

  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

If your doing a full system I would think you would see a significant gain. Seeing that you have already had your car tuned by RDP, why don't you give Steve a call. He is now doing his own exhaust systems and may be exactly what your looking for :blink:

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Yeh I spoke to steve yesterday when I booked my car in to get injectors and fuel pump.. Steve wants $2000 for a full system and there is a guy on the forum "billsta" whos sellin a full stainless system for $1000 which is in awesome condition.. But I cant afford to do both mods at the same time as obviousl money is an issue lol..

WAT SHOULD I DO FIRST .. ZORST .. OR INJECTORS AND FULE PUMP

WHICH IS MORE APPROPRIATE :blink:

Brendan

  • CNUTOX
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Not sure?
Posted

Injectors and Fuel pump is the next port of call. You could also get Steve at RDP to hook you up with a metalcat, he sells them and installed with the stock exhaust is good for atleast 330rwkws.

Full exhaust and stock injectors is a waste of money IMHO.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 3m 4d
  • Location: Rolling on my 20's
Posted

Envy-T how can you say a full exhaust is a waste of money when you have so many guys going down the tight ar*se path of putting a aftermarket cat or dump not getting the results and then going through the double expense of then buying a whole zorst system. There a countless examples of this.

In some cases yes some guys are making decent power with the factory exhaust but one way or another everyone running high 200's and over 300rwkw range and upwards changes to a full aftermaket system.

No matter short term or long term it's a mod that has to be done to get the full potential of the car.

  • CNUTOX
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Not sure?
Posted (edited)

I was answering his question of Injectors and pump first or the exhaust! If he wants max power and has to save for one of the mods, then injectors and pump will yeild him more BFB at this point in time. I will be getting an exhaust, but not before I get squirters.

Tell me Billsta, on a stock car, what is the biggest power limiter? The exhaust or the injectors? If you say exhaust, your obviously a salesman and want to get rid of yours asap.

Edited by ENVY-T
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 3m 4d
  • Location: Rolling on my 20's
Posted

It's got nothing to do with being a salesman nor is my zorst being on sale affect my comments if it's not this guy it will be another guy that's not the issue.

It's the advice and how you put it to a guy that's looking to buy an exhaust that makes the difference.

Let's be realistic for a second and yes the injectors are of prime importance but the way you potray and give advice on the exhaust is where I'm getting at.

We all know what comes first mate, no need to be so simplistic about it, it's important that guys that don't know get the right advice, like your suggestion for an aftermarket cat and how guys have done so well with them.....

  • CNUTOX
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Not sure?
Posted

I was just telling it how it is. If he wants it sugar coated, he should ask the question at Ford Forums. If he has a 1000 bucks top spend now, and want the most power for his 1000 bucks, then injectors and a pump are the going to yeild him more power. The importence of the exhaust is usually realised once you have squirters. More Fuel, equals more power, equals the need for bigger exhaust.

  • role model
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne,S.E
Posted

im with ENVY-T I would rather do the injectors and fuel pump before

the stock zorst as we all no the stock zorst is not bad!!! IMO

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 3m 4d
  • Location: Rolling on my 20's
Posted

I didn't say he should do the zorst before the pump or squirters anyway it's good to see ppl read the the posts properly and understand them.

'the stock zorst as we all no the stock zorst is not bad!!!' is a very general and vague comment to make when someone is seeking advice in upgrading their exhaust....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...