Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 9m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: PERTH WA
Posted

Just bought a BF turbo and after reading these posts, I want to know what I can do to increase the performance yet still be covered by the new car warranty. Is this at all possible? I've been told that if I change the air intake to a phoons, change the injectors and a flash tune I should get around 300 kw"s???

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

:Doh:

Technically you cannot do anything

Changing the airfilter to a K&N could cause warranty issues.

If you change the injectors and Flash tune the car, you will void the driveline warranty.

Ford have cracked down on mods very heavily.

  • loitering with intent
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Zombie Birdhouse
Posted

:Doh: First and foremost "you play you pay" Ford will try and worm out of any warranty work if serious enough.In terms of upgrades a CAI and after market air filter is about all you can safely say you will get away with.

Edit and flash back to stock before going the route warranty is an option.

The mods you state will get you close to the 300rwkw mark just make sure the car is making the power safely. Probably 280ish IMO :spoton:

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 9m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: PERTH WA
Posted

Thanks for the tips. Next question is who and where would be a good place to go and talk about some mods. I'm in the northern suburbs

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

Nothern suburbs of... :Doh:

  • loitering with intent
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Zombie Birdhouse
Posted
. I'm in the northern suburbs

Yeah but where :Doh: Can you narrow it down for us

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 9m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: PERTH WA
Posted

Well as you can proberly tell by now I'm very new at this performance car thing... So can someone tell me what a CAI is ???

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...