silverchris Member 129 Member For: 22y 7m 23d Location: Bulleen, Vic Posted 05/03/07 07:38 AM Posted 05/03/07 07:38 AM I like the stripes. I've been thinking about doing the same to my Mercury Silver XR. I just can' decide whether to get black or another shade of grey. I think the idea of individualising our cars this way is great. But I don't like making an XR6 look like a GT or F6. That's making it out to be something it's not.A bit like Expensive Daewoo owners who are so ashamed of their brand they change the badges to Chev!! I'm seeing more and more of this.
JOSHXR8 Member 20 Member For: 19y 7m 18d Location: QLD Posted 05/03/07 11:24 AM Posted 05/03/07 11:24 AM Im yet to see any of the factory bonnet stripes on VEs yet...←I've seen them on a few VE SS's and I know a guy that has them on his VE SS as well..
scott52 Member 188 Member For: 23y 9m 5d Gender: Male Location: Perth, W.A. Posted 06/03/07 12:36 PM Author Posted 06/03/07 12:36 PM Thanks for the comments fella's.I like the white paint but just wanted to break it up a bit ... hence the blue highlight. I agree with Silverchris but as long as you don't get the GT logo I think the plain stripes are fine on the Turbo models.Cheers,Scott
LUMO Legacy Donating Member 476 Member For: 19y 7m 15d Gender: Male Location: SYDNEY Posted 24/03/07 04:16 AM Posted 24/03/07 04:16 AM (edited) Quote silverchris Posted Mar 5 2007, 05:28 PM I like the stripes. I've been thinking about doing the same to my Mercury Silver XR. I just can' decide whether to get black or another shade of grey. I think the idea of individualising our cars this way is great. But I don't like making an XR6 look like a GT or F6. That's making it out to be something it's not.A bit like Expensive Daewoo owners who are so ashamed of their brand they change the badges to Chev!! I'm seeing more and more of this. the orange strips look great on the mercury silver a friend of mine has the orange strips and it looks great Edited 24/03/07 04:17 AM by LUMO
LUMO Legacy Donating Member 476 Member For: 19y 7m 15d Gender: Male Location: SYDNEY Posted 24/03/07 04:21 AM Posted 24/03/07 04:21 AM OOO sorry my mates is the lighting strike sorry dude
crans Member 275 Member For: 20y 4m 27d Posted 28/03/07 04:19 AM Posted 28/03/07 04:19 AM (edited) I did mine alittle differentThe front part has since changed and goes all the way down Edited 28/03/07 04:20 AM by crans
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 6d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 28/03/07 04:32 AM Posted 28/03/07 04:32 AM I did mine alittle differentThe front part has since changed and goes all the way downLooks quite good. Any reason why you changed the front?
Guest Guests Posted 28/03/07 05:43 AM Posted 28/03/07 05:43 AM I've just had the GT triple stripes put on ... blue against the winter white looks pretty good I reckon.Cheers,ScottLooks sweet
Bain Member 827 Member For: 21y 7m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 28/03/07 05:47 AM Posted 28/03/07 05:47 AM I did mine alittle differentThe front part has since changed and goes all the way down Dont like it.. Also, why do you have a big F O R D sticker on your rear windscreen?I think the Ford badge in the middle of the boot, the "Falcon" badge on the left side of the boot and the "XR6" and "Turbo" badge tell people its a ford..Also.. FYI: Theres a Ford logo on the front of you car aswell..
crans Member 275 Member For: 20y 4m 27d Posted 28/03/07 07:58 AM Posted 28/03/07 07:58 AM I did mine alittle differentThe front part has since changed and goes all the way down Dont like it.. Also, why do you have a big F O R D sticker on your rear windscreen?I think the Ford badge in the middle of the boot, the "Falcon" badge on the left side of the boot and the "XR6" and "Turbo" badge tell people its a ford..Also.. FYI: Theres a Ford logo on the front of you car aswell..As im in the unfortunate position of having to share my car with my wife I did not have a say in the gay arse ford sticker on the back :( I day long campaine asgainst the sticker got me no where.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now