whizzer Member 181 Member For: 23y 7m 12d Location: Brisvegas Posted 31/05/03 11:42 AM Posted 31/05/03 11:42 AM I was told they are cleaned but not polished..... stands to reason I guess cos u dont see polish on the plastics!!!
HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 11m 3d Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 01/06/03 01:13 AM Posted 01/06/03 01:13 AM No they just wash this 'full on' protection off the car with some solution in a small bottle placed on the passenger seat. It protects the car for the journey to where ever, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth....etc...etc.Then what do they do? Scrub this protective surface off and wash the car, destroying the paintwork by scuffing the hell out of your finish. I went through all this with BBF complaining that my hand had barely touched the car and there are scuff marks all over it so yes. In a way, mine was delivered polished, buffed back and Ming treated.then they had to do it all over again with the problem I had with the boot and spoiler. Ppl will remember me whinging about the battle I had with Ford to pay for the boot and spoiler to be resprayed at their cost. there was only one coat of Phantom paint on the boot and spoiler and little specs of metal under the paintwork in at least 4 destinct areas on the boot. The paint on the spoiler was cracking off.Anyway. I'll have a shiny 'as new' baby on Wednesday afternoon.Still haven't had the rear bumper fixed. Next fortnight!!! Hopefully :D
Guest IMTRBO Guests Posted 01/06/03 02:21 AM Posted 01/06/03 02:21 AM AS many of you car lovers my pet h8 is Swirls any one reckomend away to avoid these swirls when washing and polishing
Cashie Legacy Donating Member 663 Member For: 23y 8m 10d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 01/06/03 06:11 AM Posted 01/06/03 06:11 AM Did my car with the "Wet Look" for the first time today.Came up well.Was very easy to apply and remove and the look is great. Noticed a big difference this morning after polishing the car yesterday.After last nights rain the car was covered in rain (of course), but it was beading like it never has before.As soon as the car was at about 60 km/h the water all dispersed off the car, it never used to do that. I'm very happy with the Wet-Look now.
Guest Dis_Orderly Guests Posted 02/06/03 01:49 AM Posted 02/06/03 01:49 AM Has any one any thoughts on the Maguires gold class is that a good polish or should I go for the wet look
rjs Legacy Donating Member 525 Member For: 23y 9m 11d Location: Sydney Posted 02/06/03 02:25 AM Posted 02/06/03 02:25 AM I have only tried the Maguires Gold Polish but not the Wet look (will be getting this soon), either way you go should produce pretty good results.
Guest tango Guests Posted 02/06/03 10:03 AM Posted 02/06/03 10:03 AM I went to www.meguiars.com.au and then checked out the RX Paintcare page and put in my details of my new car and it printed up what it recommended for my car - blueprint XR6 Turbo Ute. It recommended WET LOOK. I've washed and waxed today, it was quick and easy and the finish now is much sleeker than it was. I haven't seen it in the sunlight so I can't tell you if it is glossier! The brochure is readily available in all Big W stores.
HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 11m 3d Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 04/06/03 01:19 AM Posted 04/06/03 01:19 AM Well I've just polished the 'Phantom'...Ahhhh, rainy cool weather, it's all good......what else do you do on your RDO when it's raining?I'm converted........Wet Look.....MMMM. :D I hate taking forever polishing my car, this stuff spreads so easily and evenly and just a few buffs and "WALLA"!!! A finish you can see the imperfections on the car across the street through. Oh that's right, it's not a Ford....lol.Anyway........BRILLIANT!!!! Gold Class is also very, very good but I'll be using this stuff from now on. Think I'll be off for a cruise! All I have to do is get a 'touch-up' guy out here to patch the rear bumper and I'll have a car worthy of looking at again. YAY!!! Need alloy polish, the wheels look out of place...lol.Thanks heaps guys!!!!!!!!!!! B)
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 04/06/03 01:26 AM Posted 04/06/03 01:26 AM Just got back from the shop to check out what I need.I'm going for the Gold Class wash, Wet Look polish, Leather Protection Wipes, Glass cleaning wipes, lambs wool mitt, and polish applicator pads.Anything else I should be looking at?
Redhawk ....Time to lay this fairytale aside...... Legacy Donating Member 2,657 Member For: 23y 6m 27d Gender: Male Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet! Posted 04/06/03 01:30 AM Posted 04/06/03 01:30 AM I've used Wet Look, Gold Class wax and the Cleaner wax (in the tin), the Cleaner wax gets the nod, b!tch to get off but worth it, no swirls I can detect, will be going over the 'Minister of Finances' red Celica on the weekend if there are no swirls on it will let youse know.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now