Cobra potty trained Legacy Donating Member 1,938 Member For: 23y 5m 7d Gender: Male Posted 11/07/03 10:46 AM Posted 11/07/03 10:46 AM two goes of on-car disc machining ... then they replace with new rotors .... if I get/pay an aftermarket upgrade, my dealer might fit it for free ... ... shuddering for the second time today
Guest MKeily Guests Posted 11/07/03 12:07 PM Posted 11/07/03 12:07 PM I've done about 10,500ks nearly all city driving plus one trip to Melbourne Slight shudder but then it could be my imagination. No complaints though. I've had cars with shudder and I haven't got that.
Trumpy What's happening? Legacy Donating Member 1,605 Member For: 23y 9m 28d Gender: Male Location: Steel City, NSW Posted 11/07/03 12:42 PM Posted 11/07/03 12:42 PM Is there any room on the poll choices for;" I had originally voted no shudder but now do"Auto's are leading the pack!No downshifting = more load on the brakes.Yeah, I want to change my vote!How are the guys going that have fitted aftermarket rotors? I am seriously contemplating it, but I guess I am a little uneasy about outlaying the cash if the discs arent the cause of the problem.So how about some feedback guys? Those that have changed their rotors, how many K's have you racked up and what is the feedback?
dynosteve Dyno Tuner Legacy Donating Member 426 Member For: 23y 4m 26d Location: Redcliffe Posted 11/07/03 05:46 PM Posted 11/07/03 05:46 PM hugh brake shudder now, will be fitting a set of bda gold's probably today if I can get them, had no shudder until a couple of days ago 9800km's.
Cashie Legacy Donating Member 663 Member For: 23y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 11/07/03 09:29 PM Posted 11/07/03 09:29 PM Is there any room on the poll choices for;" I had originally voted no shudder but now do"Auto's are leading the pack!No downshifting = more load on the brakes. I'd be interested to know what you do to fix your braking Steve....Also, is the extra cost for 4000 series over longlifes worth it for road use in a BA?
ASNU Member 261 Member For: 23y 8m 6d Location: Brooklyn Posted 11/07/03 10:53 PM Posted 11/07/03 10:53 PM I did not want to go back again for another machine job and invested in some DBA crossed drilled and slotted rotors.I think it is the best thing I have done for the car but have only had them on for 1500km or 2 weeks.Braking now can be done with abit of confidence and going down long hills like down to wollongong from Sydney much better,the steering wheel is Not trying to throw me out the window anyway.Bite the bullit guys and just do it,You will never look back.I do still reckon it is a milage related matter as everybody is going to have the problem after say 8-9000km.We all no that machineing is not working plus even if the dealer replaces them under warranty its only going to come back as same composition disc will be put in.Just depends I spouse how much time and patience one has.
whatever Member 76 Member For: 23y 2m 21d Location: Brisbane Posted 12/07/03 12:31 AM Posted 12/07/03 12:31 AM Hi people,I am just wondering when Ford machined the disc, did they change pads or at least try to level the pad surface?
aniken I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it Legacy Donating Member 4,316 Member For: 23y 9m 12d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, south west Posted 12/07/03 01:02 AM Posted 12/07/03 01:02 AM I was talking about my steering...Speeds over 80 make my steering wheel shake real bad, on or off the brakes... Something definitely not right there. Didn't some members have wheel alignment problems in their new cars - might be your problem
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 22d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 13/07/03 05:35 AM Posted 13/07/03 05:35 AM Looks like it, I will get it fixed at the 3000km service, just hope I don't have to pay for it...
Guest OXR-747 Guests Posted 15/07/03 12:02 AM Posted 15/07/03 12:02 AM 3rd time now, the shudder is back. I'm going in for the 15,000 service in 2 weeks so I guess I get new rotors too (not that that will fix the problem). And there is a noise coming from the back wheels sounds like the pads are continuously touching the rotor, might just need hand brake adjustment?? And the brake pedal is squeeking too. Nothing but brake related problems on my car
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now