Ba-bf N/a 6 Cyl Top Ten

• Member For: 17y 4m
Has anyone done a run in a zf 6sp na?  I suspect a stock xt or xr6 falcon with this gearbox would run a high 14 out of the box.  Also, any 6sp man xr6 na's been run down the strip?  These have a 3.37 to one first gear so should be pretty good also.  Bit surprised the times aren't faster with the rwkw's claimed, maybe gearing is holding you back?  What 60' times are these things doing?

Bf owners haven't been too quick to take them to the track. probably because of warranty issues. But I think they might run a 15 flat, though I know a completely stock BA XR6 that ran a 15 flat. 60ft times hover about the 2.2 to 2.4 mark. With my 4.11 diff, I got it down to 2.1.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You NA guys should organise a drag day with the Aussie Magna Club in your respective state.

Most of those guys are pulling sub 14's with mild mods (exhaust, filter etc etc)

They range from 13.8's to 15.5's

Would be interesting and put a few old myths to bed..

I like that idea, they seem to be worthy opponents guys what do you think?

All going well I may not have my car by May but you never know.

I have been sussing them out and it seem's they would indeed make worthy opponents.

The best N/A time they have is 14 flat, the 13.8 was with NOS.

I might ask them if they would be interested in a N/A showdown.

At this time it looks like I'll be keeping my car so, bring on the Bits are Sh!tys, that was a bit hash hope I don't get chopped up by one come May.

At this time it looks like I'll be keeping my car so, bring on the Bits are Sh!tys, that was a bit hash hope I don't get chopped up by one come May.

You guys might be surprised how quick those Magna's are. I have been chatting with them for a couple of days and they have some real quick cars. Check out this thread.

So how fast are your Magna's?

Impressive.....was a good read

I didnt know they were that quick out of the box.

:blush:

I wouldn't want to line up half of them things in a stock T, never mind a N/A.

Well done to those who bettered their PB's last night, these times are getting lower and lower, if I wasn't doing Power Cruise next week I'd head to WSID and post a better time. I may even find myself off the list by next week.

Nice work guys :stupid:

GO TEAM N/A

• Member For: 19y 1m 30d

You guys might be surprised how quick those Magna's are. I have been chatting with them for a couple of days and they have some real quick cars. Check out this thread.

So how fast are your Magna's?

Good to see youre on AMC Doogstar. Youll find pretty much 98% of the AMC community are quite happy to discuss more than just Magna's.. Afterall we are car enthusiasts just like the crazy Ford boys :)

Fortunately for us, we have less of the one eyed peabrain's in our club :) - I used to own a Magna VRX - its quarter mile time was 15.0 flat in an Auto.

Heres the AMC Quarter Mile registry - Its sorted into 1st, 2nd, 3rd gen magna's

The Ford NA Boys are going to need a bit more than an exhaust change to really give it to some of these guys..

Edited by Bain

Question for the Mitsubishi guys how many of those cars are turbo'd?

A lot of there times are in reach, 14.5sec or less will not that hard to get for us a lot of those cars would be front wheel drive so theres 0.5 of a second we'd have over them from the start.