Edit Problems

Guest Boony_1981

• role model
  • Member For: 18y 1m 19d
Why?

By resetting the tune?

Disconnecting the battery won't change the tune in the car.

note that his std factory tune has no boost aswell

that why I said give that ago to clear the map

and reset it self.

to see if they solves the problem

Edited by Black ThundeR

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Boony_1981
  • Guests
I'd nearly bet my left nut that is an intercooler hose blown off

Cheers

Gav

Well I thoroughly check all hoses coming off the turbo and intercooler and all seemed to be fine.

I even tried the battery disconnect and it is still playing up. Now the car even misses a few times up near the 4000rpm range and it still seems like there is no boost.

Looks like it's off to the mechanics next week.

• Member For: 18y 11m 24d

my car used to do the same thing every time a tune was loaded, but when driven hard the car slowly developed boost over the first 3-4 WOT and then it would be fine.

mechanic thought it was the boost controller--nope

the actuator--nope

the wastegate jamming--nope

so we just left it at that as it didnt have any effect after the initial no boost situation

Edited by built2redline

Guest Boony_1981
  • Guests

Well I'll let you all know what the problem was when I get to the friendly mechanics.

I'm going to get them to check the spark plugs and boost pressure for leaks. I'm not sure what else it could be.....unless the computer is all screwed up (and I really don't want to take it back to ford to get the factory ECU loaded).

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 15d
Well I'll let you all know what the problem was when I get to the friendly mechanics.

I'm going to get them to check the spark plugs and boost pressure for leaks. I'm not sure what else it could be.....unless the computer is all screwed up (and I really don't want to take it back to ford to get the factory ECU loaded).

Flash it back to stock before you take the car anywhere . If the tune is reset to factory not by your flasher, but is flashed by the dealers big troubles $$$ Your flasher will have to be returned to CAPA to be reset.

James

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 17y 2m 6d

Well I finally took my car to the mechanics, and after 7 hours on the dyno he could not find the problem. For some reason the car is only getting to 2 psi on boost, once or twice it got up to 5. He changed the spark plugs and pressure tested everything, still no problem found.

He suspects that the ECU is corrupt so my car is booked into Ford tomorrow to get the ECU factory re-flashed.

The question now is: Who can I get to clear all tunes out of the capa flash tuner and install the generic xr6t tunes? So that when I load a new generic tune my new factory tune gets stored in the flash tuner. Can custom tuners with the capa software do this without having to send it back to capa?