Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 8m 25d
Posted

hey guys I was just wondering why my 4 speed in my ba xr6 n/a (100,000km) is making a thuding type sound when I select reverese or if I go from drive up to reverse it goes thump? its driving me nuts and it never happend in my old el or ef and they are the same auto yes? btr 4 speed? my car is stock and I do not drive it to hard :spoton:. and every xr6 I test drove did the same thing but they seemed to be worse then mine? any help would be awesome thanx guys.

and on a different topic how many of you n/a guys are running 3''inch exaust systems ?

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 8m 25d
Posted

mmmm while driving no sounds at all perfect shifts in drive and in sss it onlydoes it when I select reverse maybe ill just have to go tyake it to some one who can have a good look at it thnax mate

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 4d
  • Location: Bulleen, Vic
Posted

Just get used to it....it's a "normal" XR6 sound according to Ford.

I've had 4 diffs in my XR6T (each lasting about 15,000km) and the clunks have varied with each one. Eventually they'll be drowned out by the whinning. I've given up being bothered by some clunks. I've done 10,000km on the current diff so I'm just waiting on the whine to come back.

Plenty of others on this forum have same issue. Search for "clunk" or "whine" and enjoy your read, but make sure you've got plenty of time on your hands.

Cheers

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 3m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, Hampton Park
Posted

mine does it only when the car has not been driven for couple of days...

do you warm up your car at all?

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 4d
  • Location: Bulleen, Vic
Posted

Does it all the time...cold or hot. Mine's out of warranty now but Ford won't do anything about the clunking. Like I said the dealer told me it was normal and even took me for a ride in another to prove their point. You've done 100,00km and just noticed it; I've had it since I bought it with 15,000km on the clock, it's had 4 diffs and now done 60,000km.

In fact the thimping of the exhause on the underbody on occasions annoys me more and they can't seem to fix that either.

Don't get me wrong though. I wouldn't change the car for anything else at the moment. Just added a Edit, custom tune, CAI and K&N Filter. Love the power. Just got to get the tune sorted a bit tomorrow.

Enjoy your car and don't be too worried. I think what you're experiencing is what almost 100 per cent of other XR6's have too.

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 8m 25d
Posted

yeah thanx guys wel that's what I thought becasue I test drove lots of xr6 and they all did it but mine is not bad I have no whine at all maybe ill get lick a good diff put in or somthing do you have the lsd I do?

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sydney
Posted

I believe it is a design feature of the car it comes with a free clunk to let you know that the diff is still there.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...