Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 24y Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 04/02/07 11:42 PM Posted 04/02/07 11:42 PM I used to chuck my sidchrome socket set in the gap between the spare and the wall. Never moved after that, although it was a pain in the arse getting the socket set out sometimes.
Evil F6 Legacy Donating Member 830 Member For: 20y 9m 2d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 05/02/07 01:25 AM Posted 05/02/07 01:25 AM Well I take the spare out of the car altogether. There's 30kg saved.←Me too.Only chuck the spare in when im going interstate.A tow only costs $50 local these days! ←I never it take it with me and I do plenty of interstate driving. It's 20 years since I had a flat and I accept the risk. Modern tyres are pretty damned good. I've done the same for all my cars. I think the biggest risk of a flat is in the city anyway. If I had an offroader it'd be different of course.That's just me.
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 18d Gender: Male Posted 05/02/07 05:03 AM Posted 05/02/07 05:03 AM are you sure it is the spare???? it may be the exhaust which is what mine does....←my exhaust hits the bumper too..check the middle rubber mount thing, as I originally thought it was my spare till I took it out and the noise was still there
nang3 12" member Legacy Donating Member 2,107 Member For: 21y 3m 17d Location: Perth WA Posted 05/02/07 05:35 AM Posted 05/02/07 05:35 AM Well I take the spare out of the car altogether. There's 30kg saved.←Me too.Only chuck the spare in when im going interstate.A tow only costs $50 local these days! ←I never it take it with me and I do plenty of interstate driving. It's 20 years since I had a flat and I accept the risk. Modern tyres are pretty damned good. I've done the same for all my cars. I think the biggest risk of a flat is in the city anyway. If I had an offroader it'd be different of course.That's just me.←famous last words mate !! last time I said that I had 2 flats within a week and then another one 2 weeks later!
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 05/02/07 06:00 AM Posted 05/02/07 06:00 AM What are the legalities of that though? Knowing my luck I'd be stuck on the side of the road and an overzealous copper would be along with the yellow tickets!I’m at the other end of the spectrum; have the steel spare under the tray and a mag spare in the back of the yoot.
Desert_phantom Member 141 Member For: 20y 22d Gender: Male Location: NT Posted 05/02/07 10:32 AM Author Posted 05/02/07 10:32 AM are you sure it is the spare???? it may be the exhaust which is what mine does....←You might be onto something. I'' check it out tommorow and let you guys know how I go.Thanks for all your suggestions
JimmyXR6T04 Member 1,299 Member For: 21y 3m 21d Location: Canberra Posted 05/02/07 11:24 PM Posted 05/02/07 11:24 PM are you sure it is the spare???? it may be the exhaust which is what mine does....←You might be onto something. I'' check it out tommorow and let you guys know how I go.Thanks for all your suggestions←my exhaust used to rattle something shocking... a pretty obvious knocking sound. Ford said they couldn't fix it then the exhaust place that did my centre muffler removal had it sorted.. no more knocking... until recently, it has started up again only very slightly though
RHR BOOST Moderating Team 5,698 Member For: 23y 1m 6d Gender: Male Location: Southern Highlands NSW Posted 06/02/07 06:27 PM Posted 06/02/07 06:27 PM Is there any tyre shine on the outer walls of the tyre??Might have to give the tyre a bit of a clean as well as the tub. PS: No probs here btw
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now