Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • CNUTOX
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Not sure?
Posted

As some of you would know, I lost my licence on Nov 30 last year for 6 mths.

Since then I have done all my travelling by bike, albeit with a little help from a motor I attached.

I have lost 14 kgs since and want to know whats the best way to accelerate this and get rid of some excess baggage?? I don't want to waste money on a gym, cos I have done it before only to waste the moula.

Any help would bre great.

Marcus.

  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 7m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Shire Sydney AUS
Posted (edited)

Any help would bre great.

Marcus.

scrap the bike and start running now :spoton: .... 14kgs that's a achievment in its own....

Edited by stealthxr
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 8m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Any help would bre great.

Marcus.

scrap the bike and start running now :Doh: .... 14kgs that's a achievment in its own....

I lost 16kg and have kept it off, I'm only 74kg now so don't want to lose any more. I found it was an attitude change that was my biggest benefit. I do some jogging, but never more than 5km and only about 10-12km a week. Smaller leaner meals, and cut out the junk between meals; no bikkies etc. Use salads to bulk out meals in summer and eat fruit for a snack. The first month is the hardest, but after that it's easy. I can't even look at sh*t foods like pizza, or chips anymore. Drink plenty of water and cut way back on the beer if you are into that.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 5m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Good stuff with the 14kgs!

Drink LOTS of water. We should be having 40mL per 1kg of body weight, so if your heavy it easily gets up to 3.5-4L + a day. This seems like a huge amount to start with but work your way up to it. If we changed nothing else than only substituting other drinks for water, we lose some weight regardless of excercise. And for every coffee etc you have you need to increase this intake by a glass. You will find that during the 1st week or 2 you will be hitting the toilet non stop but your bladder will re-hyrdate itself and hold the stuff much better before too long.

Lift some free weights at home. No need to get buff, but the more muscle mass we have the faster our metabolism, so any muscle gain helps. Eat protein to help build muscle (lean meat, chicken, eggs, nuts (almonds esp) ). You should have .8gs of protein per 1kg of body weight per day minimum. 1g per 1kg if you are excersising a lot.

And make sure you eat breakfast. Kick starts the metabolism and make sure you have a decent luch. Dinner should be the smallest meal of the day (unfortunately). By the time you get to dinner, if you have eaten correctly throughout the day, you should be able to take it or leave it.

:Doh:

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Drink heaps of beer, get in your car and crash into a police car.

I guarantee you will be riding your bike for a while longer :Doh:

Well done on the weight loss.....I need to loose 40kg :spoton:

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

well done on the weight loss.

I just follow the advice already mentioned, drink lots of water, etc. Often when you think you're hungry, you are actually thirsty, so low-joule drinks or water are good. careful with the low-joule drinks though, as phenylalanine in diet coke/pepsi max ain't too good for ya, and those dehydrate.

Try not to eat too late in the evening, and regular meals will help maintain your metabolism, so you can burn energy/fat longer throughout the day.

I started walking every night for about 45 min. hard and fast, and lost 70kg in 7 months. Healthied up my diet too. Got 40kg to go now...and yeah, I was a big, big bloke!!!

good luck!

  • CNUTOX
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Not sure?
Posted

Well I am 99kgs now, I have not been under a 100 since I was 20 and playing Rugby. Then I was 84 kilos and played in the NO 14 guernsey. So I still have atleast 15kg to go.

And water, if I drank anymore I would drown myself. ATM I am consuming 3 meals and bugger all else. And am using Staminade to help with all the sweating.

I am Diabetic, so I need to lose weight as a matter of life prolonging. At 32 years I want to live atleast another 30.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 5m 20d
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Sorry bout your licence. I'm in the same boat as well. Lost it in July for 12 months.

U think I would have taken the same initiative as you ENVY-T and get off my fat :Doh: and lose a bit of weight.

Instead my boss assigned me a driver so I can do my job!!

Started my new years resolution to lose 28kgs by the time I get my licence back in July. Not going well, but you have inspired me!!

As everyone here has already said, drink plenty of water and lean out your meals. Stay as far away as possible from carbs (rice/pasta/potatoes) and up the protein.

I agree that gyms are a waste of money so keep up the physical activity.

14kgs is a great achievement. By the time you get your licence back I'm sure you will lose at least another 10.

Keep it up!!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted
I am Diabetic, so I need to lose weight as a matter of life prolonging. At 32 years I want to live atleast another 30.

Trust me, you want to live a lot longer than that!

I know it seems a long way off when you are 32 (I'm nearly 47), but as you get older, 62 doesn't seem that old :Doh:

  • Fastest Taxi In Melbourne
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

:Doh: keep doing what your doing and you should be right,

eat right, keep fit, and youll be right

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...