Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 29d
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

hey I'm just wondering if a could get a few opinions

If you had $50k as a budget would you:

A) buy a used F6, but then no extra mods.

B) Band new XR6T and the left over cash spend on mods. (I can get a T on the road for $41k)

..and I refuse mod a T to make it look like a F6 either.

  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Seriously Flukey Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 6m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

If that's your budget, the T

  • Playing with Sports Bikes...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Whistling, GTX.
Posted

If I had a budget like that I'd be looking for an F6 personally...

Better interior, far and away better brakes and better resale down the track.

Jack :spoton:

  • KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE,
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 29d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I wish I had of saved a bit more and got an F6, so I would go the F6 hands down.

and you could always just save a bit and flash tune it, then you would get more power than say if you flashed a T.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 29d
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

yeah, the delear let me drive a F6, so now im confused weather to get a used F6 or T. no wonder they won wheels performance car of the year.

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 10m 15d
Posted

I was in the same situation late last year. I like a few extras in my cars and when I did the numbers the F6 kept jumping out of the budget. I ended up ordering an 07 XR6T Auto Ute with a Luxury Pack and passanger airbag plus a few extra dealer fit items. and F6 to the same spec was another $10k.

My car wont be modified and I wasnt looking for "THE" power factor I think a well optioned XR6T is good choice.

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

I would go the F6 as you are in a totally diffent league to the XR's.

For $50k you would be able to get a second hand ZF auto which would be the best choice in these cars.

If you can streatch the budget, you could get an exdemo or even new for under $60k.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 27d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

it is def. possible to get a demo f6 for less than 55, with options so id say 50 without many options is def doable in the right case ie kms/dealer/model such as runout BF not mkII..

a new one would be closer to 60, but I cannot see where the value is there.

I priced up a new T with all the otptions I wanted and then added the costs that I knew id do asap such as rims, some sort of kit, better seats, brakes and it came out to be around 49k LOL.. that's not even considering dealer delivery, stampt duty, rego etc etc..

I then priced a few F6's with low kms (demos) and found I could get most around 52-55 with all varying options.

Im very happy with my purchase of the F6 and regularly go in xr6/t and they dont feel special to me and on the odd occasions I drive them, they arent as good in the 'rounded package' idea.. interior is sub std IMHO, luxury pack is 250% a must in xr6t, wouldnt drive one without it, and even then seats brakes rims kit dont come to the table..

Good luck with your choice, I know where my money would be going.. or should I say did in the exact same situation!! :spoton:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...