jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 08/01/07 10:18 AM Posted 08/01/07 10:18 AM (edited) I have also pulled at least 50 runs on that dyno and can tell you that it is accurate... and my results are backed by 2 other dynos! The only way the figure may be wrong is if someone has played with the settings Edited 08/01/07 10:18 AM by jetute
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 8m 26d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 08/01/07 10:20 AM Posted 08/01/07 10:20 AM Why is the intake temperature so high. On an xrt you miight het up to 5 degrees more but not that much.The higher the intake temp the higher the kw reading.Just seems strange to me.←It was a stinking hot day here today and especially at wacol.You could be right paul.It does seem high for a stocky
Tex Member 56 Member For: 22y 4m 11d Location: Brisbane Posted 08/01/07 10:23 AM Author Posted 08/01/07 10:23 AM Why is the intake temperature so high. On an xrt you miight het up to 5 degrees more but not that much.The higher the intake temp the higher the kw reading.Just seems strange to me.←I am not sure about the intake temp I know you can get high readings if the sensor is put near something hot. As far as I know the sensor was put in the CAI.
BALLBREAKER Member 427 Member For: 21y 3m 14d Gender: Male Posted 08/01/07 10:25 AM Posted 08/01/07 10:25 AM The eye brows did go up. The car felt strong out of the box. I had a BAT with an Xede and it only pulled 233 with the best tune they could give which was done by Chiptorque.←That what I mean mate ,but any way with a cooler & a capper flasher custom tuned,over 250 rwkw NO PROB at all.CHEERS BB
Tex Member 56 Member For: 22y 4m 11d Location: Brisbane Posted 08/01/07 10:28 AM Author Posted 08/01/07 10:28 AM I wouldn't normally have posted a first dyno slip but because it was so high I though the discussions might be interesting. As I said I am putting it back on tomorrow to see what difference a cooler makes. I will pay particular attention to the intake temp. Perhaps we will get a realistic reading. I will post the results.
Paul@eliteauto Member 843 Member For: 20y 1m 2d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 08/01/07 10:29 AM Posted 08/01/07 10:29 AM It was a stinking hot day here today and especially at wacol.You could be right paul.It does seem high for a stocky←yep it was hot at Archerfield too.We tuned a Bf auto today and got 265 rwkw with standard cooler on 10 psi.
ROLMDL role model Member 1,111 Member For: 20y 6m 23d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne,S.E Posted 08/01/07 10:30 AM Posted 08/01/07 10:30 AM I wouldn't normally have posted a first dyno slip but because it was so high I though the discussions might be interesting. As I said I am putting it back on tomorrow to see what difference a cooler makes. I will pay particular attention to the intake temp. Perhaps we will get a realistic reading. I will post the results.←fitting the bigger cooler will help alot and should get nice inprovementare you fitting the capa boxs aswell?
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 8m 26d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 08/01/07 10:31 AM Posted 08/01/07 10:31 AM Paul,I have a mate with an XR6T on the gold coast that will require a custom tune.I will send him your way.
Paul@eliteauto Member 843 Member For: 20y 1m 2d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 08/01/07 10:33 AM Posted 08/01/07 10:33 AM Fitting a bigger cooler lost me power when I fitted it to my car.Because of the larger volume of air required to fill it I lost boost.I did recover and gain power after retune.
Tex Member 56 Member For: 22y 4m 11d Location: Brisbane Posted 08/01/07 10:33 AM Author Posted 08/01/07 10:33 AM I wouldn't normally have posted a first dyno slip but because it was so high I though the discussions might be interesting. As I said I am putting it back on tomorrow to see what difference a cooler makes. I will pay particular attention to the intake temp. Perhaps we will get a realistic reading. I will post the results.←fitting the bigger cooler will help alot and should get nice inprovementare you fitting the capa boxs aswell?←I have an Xcal 2 on the way
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now