Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • role model
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne,S.E
Posted

GO THE 20s :w00t2: should look nice in the end anyway

:spoton:

  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: OZ
Posted

providing the "tyres don't sit under the guards"..... grrrr!!! kings ssl should be near on perfect for 20's?? You should measure your min clearance thunder, I'm curious!!!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: OZ
Posted
I rang SGIO today regarding insurance and lowering / wheels. I was told I have to have 100mm minimum ground clearance anywhere under the car. I was told I can fit 20 x 8.5 wheels, but the tyre must not sit under the guard.... not complying to these would lead to no claim payout.

I have SL lovells and I cant get my fingers under the guards on the rear with 245 x 45 x 17. Grrr.

Can people please state their minimum ground clearance with reference too:

    1. What springs / suspension set-up;

    2. What wheel size, tyre width & profile.

Also does your tyres sit under the guards.

Now I just need something with a 100mm diameter to roll under the car!!! appreciate the help everyone.

Cheers

Use a 2L coke bottle etc. These have a 100mm diameter. Can people with 19's and 20's do this check for me..... pleeeeeease!!!! :nono:

An xr6 ute was ~110mm when I did the coke bottle test.

  • BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 1m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Southern Highlands NSW
Posted
Most cop cars carry a 100mm block they can slide around under your car... if it cant slide without hitting something, exhaust, diff, xmembers ect your done.

So if a phoon is 125mm, doesnt leave much room for lowering... SSL is usually around a 50mm drop

Cant say ive seen the block... but im led to believe an RBT tube works pretty well

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane - Sthside
Posted

id use a length of 100mm stormwater pipe. :lookaround:

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 7m 21d
Posted

From RTA Web site.

Minor changes to wheels

Wheels up to 26mm wider than the largest optional wheel recommended by the vehicle manufacturer for the

vehicle can be fitted without the need to notify the RTA.

The outside diameter of the wheel and tyre combination must be no more than 15mm over the largest diameter

wheel and tyre combination specified for the vehicle and not more than 15mm below the smallest diameter wheel

and tyre combination specified for the vehicle.

Replacement wheels requiring an engineering certificate

Wheels that exceed the diameter and width limits for minor wheel changes must be assessed by a signatory. If the

signatory finds that the wheels are safe for your vehicle, you will be issued with an engineering certificate.

There are limits on the size of wheels that can be certified by a signatory.

See below,

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/dow.../vsi09_rev4.pdf

This rule applies to trucks and busses,..........cars?

Ground Clearance

A vehicle or combination must have a ground clearance of:

a. at least 100mm at any point within 1 metre of an axle; and

b. at least one-thirtieth of the distance between the centres of adjacent axles at the mid-point

between them; and

c. at any other point - at least the distance that allows the vehicle or combination to pass over

a peak in a road, the gradient on either side of which is 1:15, when the wheels of one axle

of the vehicle or combination are on the slope on one side of the peak and the wheels

of the next axle are on the slope on the other side.

I was led to believe it was 100mm between the metal bodywork and the road.

There was/is also a minimum headlight height. 520mm spirngs to mind but dont quote me.

  • KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE,
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 5m 6d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Spot on mate I used to carry that paper work from VIc roads, so I could show the cops I was right about the 15mm part, there also is a section stating the load baring capacity which is one of the more major factors you have to worry about.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: OZ
Posted

whats the load baring for a 225x35x20 ? eg nankang

  • KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE,
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 5m 6d
  • Gender: Male
Posted
whats the load baring for a 225x35x20 ? eg nankang

650 K.g. and 1433 Lbs. that my 225/35/20 with a wanli tyre it should be the same :w00t2:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...