Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 03/01/07 11:49 AM Posted 03/01/07 11:49 AM Im thinking of buying a plasma cutter to do some fabrication work at home. Just light duty car type stuff. Most i want to spend is around $1000. Most models in this price range seem to cut up to 16mm plate which is ample for what i want.anybody got any good/bad experiences with different brands?cheers fellas
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 22d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 03/01/07 01:03 PM Posted 03/01/07 01:03 PM do CIG make them?used CIG for years, awesome gear.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 03/01/07 01:27 PM Author Posted 03/01/07 01:27 PM would love a cig miller or lincoln but there pretty exxy. just want a cheapy for home..
turbotrana Member 2,586 Member For: 23y 6m Gender: Male Posted 03/01/07 02:26 PM Posted 03/01/07 02:26 PM I dont think you will get much worthwhile for 1k. I got myself a Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101 for 4k and although this can cut something like 30mm plate I still think I should have spent extra and got the next size up. They have their uses but nothing beats a good CNC laser cut.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 03/01/07 08:01 PM Author Posted 03/01/07 08:01 PM This is the size i have in mind. 16mm is ample for the auto body work i want to do... http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Brand-New-3-in-1-Pl...1QQcmdZViewItem
mk11tute Member 446 Member For: 21y 11m 6d Location: gold coast Posted 03/01/07 08:22 PM Posted 03/01/07 08:22 PM I recently bought a boc unit that cuts upto 16mm absolutly fantastic unit, I got the optional drag tip instead of the std style tip with the spring on it and a good variety of spares for $969.00 most other brands where twice the price.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 03/01/07 08:46 PM Author Posted 03/01/07 08:46 PM I recently bought a boc unit that cuts upto 16mm absolutly fantastic unit, i got the optional drag tip instead of the std style tip with the spring on it and a good variety of spares for $969.00 most other brands where twice the price. ←thanks for the tip make. got a model number or specs on it? where did you pick it up form?cheersLuke
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 03/01/07 09:44 PM Posted 03/01/07 09:44 PM BOC possibly What are you building?
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 03/01/07 09:48 PM Author Posted 03/01/07 09:48 PM Transplanting a firewall and section of floor from a wrecked 4wd into another 4wd drive so i can run a different trans and later model dash/aircon etc. Plus some general fab stuff brackets etc.
mk11tute Member 446 Member For: 21y 11m 6d Location: gold coast Posted 04/01/07 08:39 AM Posted 04/01/07 08:39 AM I recently bought a boc unit that cuts upto 16mm absolutly fantastic unit, I got the optional drag tip instead of the std style tip with the spring on it and a good variety of spares for $969.00 most other brands where twice the price. ←thanks for the tip make. got a model number or specs on it? where did you pick it up form?cheersLuke :Luke as tabitha said I got it from boc not sure if there still on special I think the model is a boc40 they also do a boc80 that will cut 30mm from memory it was around double the price!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now