sh3p Member 69 Member For: 20y 8m 2d Location: Melbourne Posted 20/12/06 11:34 PM Posted 20/12/06 11:34 PM Gday All,Coming up to my first Summer with the T. I have been using the air con recently, and found that when returning to the car after having driven it with the air con on, say to the shops etc, when I get back in the car it has a smell of what I can only describe as air con gas ( other passengers call it cat piss!! ). I turn on the air con on full blast, and smell seems to go away after a few mins.Car is 2003, was wondering if this is "normal" or I need a re-gass or something?Thanks guys..Merry Xmas!
jEtONiT Legacy Donating Member 1,817 Member For: 22y 10m 22d Gender: Not Telling Location: next door.. Posted 21/12/06 12:12 AM Posted 21/12/06 12:12 AM we get it too in the ba.. I guess its normal.
XRT68 Member 49 Member For: 19y 10m 11d Posted 21/12/06 12:16 AM Posted 21/12/06 12:16 AM I use my Aircon all year its never off. I have never had a car with an Aircon smell. I am also a non smoker... One of my cars I owned for 11 years and even it didnt have aircon smells
ducatijb Legacy Donating Member 3,448 Member For: 23y 5m 26d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 21/12/06 12:17 AM Posted 21/12/06 12:17 AM Mine does the same...don't think its low on gas thou because it still works a treat
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 10d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 21/12/06 12:22 AM Posted 21/12/06 12:22 AM I'd get it re-gassed just for peace of mind. Its nots to expensive to get done.
cqae Member 229 Member For: 22y 10m 24d Posted 21/12/06 02:30 AM Posted 21/12/06 02:30 AM regassing will not fix it. it is a bacteria build up inside the evaporator. easily fixed with a/c system disinfectant
BFHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,932 Member For: 20y 6m 5d Gender: Male Location: nsw Posted 21/12/06 05:11 AM Posted 21/12/06 05:11 AM what u need to do is turn off the ac pump about 60 seconds before u stop and allow the air temp in the pipes time to get back to ambient temperature.this will prevent condensation from forming in the ducting thus stopping bacteria growth and removing the smell.
Headsex Legacy Donating Member 2,528 Member For: 21y 1m 18d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 21/12/06 05:28 AM Posted 21/12/06 05:28 AM where can I get some of this ANTI A/C smell in a CAn you speak of?? mines horrid..
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 7m 29d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 21/12/06 05:39 AM Posted 21/12/06 05:39 AM where can I get some of this ANTI A/C smell in a CAn you speak of?? mines horrid..←Wynns do make a A/C disinfectant or A/C bombs, or alternatively you can go nuts with a can of Glen 20 or similar, spray it into all of your air vents, put your Air con on recirc, crank it to max, and let the car sit idling with air con on for 10 mins or so.Its bacteria in the air vents, stinks too!
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 8d Gender: Male Posted 21/12/06 06:36 AM Posted 21/12/06 06:36 AM yeh mine had thistold ford to fix it.. so they didI will try that running it with it off for a bit to dry it out trick from now on.. thanks!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now