Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 1m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melb
Posted (edited)

Split topic from here:

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=30555

Or just recording you doing naughty stuff on the back seat!

Tim, from what I understand there isn't a touch screen overlay the same size as the screen in the ICC.

A 6.4" TOUCH SCREEN membaine will fit with some crafty modifications..

the Active area of the 6.4" membraine is 129.5 x 97.5 MM

the width is pretty good. the height is bad.. the icc is more like 75mm. A bit of overlap yes.. but, your forgeting the border of the membrame. total size is 155.6 X 115.3 MM

The IR Reciever up the top needs to go..

The company I purchased mine from are able to make custom sizes, however, I doubt we will create enough demand to meet their tooling requirements..

Danny

Edited by Dagabond
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 1m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melb
Posted
The company I purchased mine from are able to make custom sizes, however, I doubt we will create enough demand to meet their tooling requirements..

Danny

Ok guys.. I emailed them enquired about the custom size, and turns out they also do handmade units of smaller quantity. (ie, 1).

I am told its approx $230US + Shipping costs.

In the next couple of weeks, I'm going to measure it all up, and purchase a couple. If anyone else is interested, send me a PM, and I'll just increase the order amount.

Danny

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 1m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melb
Posted

I'll look at getting it in the new year.. too busy to do that stuff at this stage...

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 5m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gladstone, QLD
Posted
Ok guys.. I emailed them enquired about the custom size, and turns out they also do handmade units of smaller quantity. (ie, 1).  I am told its approx $230US + Shipping costs.

In the next couple of weeks, I'm going to measure it all up, and purchase a couple. If anyone else is interested, send me a PM, and I'll just increase the order amount.

I am very interested in a touchscreen overlay. Could you please let us all know the definate prices when you know?

Thanks,

Panda

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 1m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melb
Posted
Ok guys.. I emailed them enquired about the custom size, and turns out they also do handmade units of smaller quantity. (ie, 1).  I am told its approx $230US + Shipping costs.

In the next couple of weeks, I'm going to measure it all up, and purchase a couple. If anyone else is interested, send me a PM, and I'll just increase the order amount.

I am very interested in a touchscreen overlay. Could you please let us all know the definate prices when you know?

Thanks,

Panda

the $220US part was definate (with usb controller), just got reply of $57US for postage (1 - 10 units)

I guess, if we can round a number of interested people up, shipping can be reduced overall

The appearance of the two models is different. The handmade model will have

soldered wires instead of traces.

Picture quality will be better with clear hard coat than anti-glare. The

more space between the LCD and the touch-screen, the more the image will be

diffused, with the anti-glare.

Lead time is 2 weeks for making a touch panel, plus shipping time.

We can use FedEx International Economy for an estimated $57 for one unit. We

can stack them together in boxes of about 10 units so the shipping cost

should not be too high.

dan

  • Gold Platinum Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

Sounds awsome the only issue is that sounds a tad expesive :S

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 1m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melb
Posted

Yeah I know. hense why I'm not in a rush to do this....

This is on my "low piority" of things to buy for xr6t :)

if anyone is willing to pay the details, I can organise the measurements and put you in contact with the company.. I dare say there is a number of companies willing to do small batches of handmade touch overlays.. a quick google search will reveal all.

Danny.

  • 7 months later...
  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

Anymore info on this?

  • Gold Platinum Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

Yeh did you end up getting one headsex?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...