wasxaman Member 37 Member For: 19y 5m 23d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/07/07 01:28 PM Posted 05/07/07 01:28 PM Check out the variation in performance for the Mazda 6 MPS (Mazdaspeed 6 in the US). It seems the driver has a lot to do with results!!http://forum.mazda6tech.com/about4421.html - not sure if you need to sign up.Also, the type of fuel used has a big impact on performance. In California where you are lucky to find 91 octane fuel, it struggles to rev above 4k. It runs like a dog.Here in Aus, if you use PULP, the car really boogies. I know, my wife has one. The accelaration is incredible, the car is very quiet and before you know it you are well over 100Kmh and a candidate for a booking.It is a great car!
DAN682 Member 36 Member For: 19y 3m 15d Gender: Male Location: Mandurah, WA Posted 05/07/07 11:22 PM Posted 05/07/07 11:22 PM I owned a MPS 6 Luxury edition, I traded it on the Typhoon.The MPS 6 is very quick for what it is, but it gets left behind with XR6t's as for the MPS3, I can't say, I have driven one a few times but it torque steers and farts around so much, it is just dangerous.
Beaker Member 41 Member For: 19y 3m 17d Posted 06/07/07 03:26 AM Posted 06/07/07 03:26 AM Mazda 3 MPS is quicker than both HSV GTO and Porsche 911 from 80-100.Drive a stock XR6T? Be prepared to be embarrassed.The Mazda 3 MPS is faster from 80 to 100 then a Austin Martin Vanquash - I test drove one before I bought my T and loved it - but Mazda wouldn't move on the price so I told them to stick it. If you take one on with a rolling start though you are going to have your ass handed to you.Off the line they are pretty slow though - the TC stops it from wheelspinning by lowering boost and if you turn it off you end up sitting in a mountain of melted rubber and tire smoke. Very nice car though - a mate of mine drove one as a course car at the Mt Buller hillclimb earlier in the year, he reackons over all it is a faster car then his MY07 STi.
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/07/07 04:51 AM Posted 06/07/07 04:51 AM What boost pressure are the mazda 3 mps running? 10 psi? more? or Less?I took one for a drive, the thing is a bullet I must say it is diffinetly quicker than a Xr6 turbo Auto and Manual, it was so much fun to drive, and good built quality not a noise, nothing the best...price was $41000 drive awayQuicker no way! About 2 moths ago one rounded me up in the black spur (see yarra ranges cruise) I thought no way so I took off after him, yeah they go pretty hard but I could keep up with him even through the corners and he was flying overtaking on blind corners which is f@*king crazy. They only got somthing like 180kw at the flywheel. Nice cars though
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 18d Gender: Male Posted 06/07/07 06:19 AM Posted 06/07/07 06:19 AM guess the extra 200kg's of people killed it for him in my case.. like I said, it was from his cars magical 80kph mark, and I have long gears and was just stomping it in 3rd..
Evil F6 Legacy Donating Member 830 Member For: 20y 9m 2d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 06/07/07 11:57 AM Posted 06/07/07 11:57 AM guess the extra 200kg's of people killed it for him in my case.. like I said, it was from his cars magical 80kph mark, and I have long gears and was just stomping it in 3rd..I'd never buy a fwd car with that much power and torque. Stupid move from Mazda; I'd get the Mazda 6 MPS any day despite it's porkiness. Anyway, who cares with the Evo X coming next year and hopefully the Focus RS.
BAman Member 133 Member For: 20y 5d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 06/07/07 03:26 PM Posted 06/07/07 03:26 PM There have been some cases where the engine and transmission assembly have droppedhttp://www.recalls.gov.au/view_recall_deta...l_ID_Auto=14986
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 22d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 07/07/07 05:59 AM Posted 07/07/07 05:59 AM Mazda 3 MPS is quicker than both HSV GTO and Porsche 911 from 80-100.Drive a stock XR6T? Be prepared to be embarrassed.I read this somewhere as well and was very surprised. The Mazda 3 MPS is a very deceptive little car. Build and engine quality shame ours but rather me T anyday. Misses wants the 6 MPS and I'd prefer it over the 3. Had a run with 6 MPS a few months back on a real long straight piece of road and off the line it flogged me until we started really moving and he was easily reeled in.For the stats in one of the other posts, the 3 MPS is very close to a stock T and definately be prepared to be embarrassed.
dingah2 Crusty aviator Member 846 Member For: 22y 3m 22d Gender: Male Location: ACT Posted 07/07/07 07:29 AM Posted 07/07/07 07:29 AM Had a good look and drive of the 3MPS before settling on the GOlf for my wife's car.Very ricey and bling.No idea what it does in a straight line as it doesn't go in a straight line at full throttle - even with the torque limiting which is dreadful as you can feel it coming in, it torque steers like a bastard.The two cars - XR6T and 3MPS are totally different cars and do not provide a worthwhile comparison.Start with the luggage sapce or lack of it, rear leg room or lack of it, towing capacity or lack of it, comfort over harsh surfaces or lack of it.......The Golf was an easy decision and the slightly worked turbo diesel is a deceptive weapon.Dingah
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now