ethergy Member 5 Member For: 21y 1m 28d Location: Penrith, NSW Posted 16/11/06 05:32 AM Posted 16/11/06 05:32 AM Was wondering if you guys could tell me what model/options I could expect to get for ~27kShould I pay less for the car and go straight for some mods or spend a little bit extra and go for a better base unit?Thanks
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 16/11/06 06:05 AM Posted 16/11/06 06:05 AM You could get a lot for $27k, it just depends on where you are prepared to tradeoff.I would make sure the car still has a factory warranty and then purchase the Ford extended warranty.Also thinks like the colour ICC and leather are nice options. You will have a lot of choices as there are pleanty of Turbos on the market.
Skooby Legacy Donating Member 398 Member For: 20y 4m 12d Location: Phillip Island Posted 16/11/06 07:54 AM Posted 16/11/06 07:54 AM For $27k I got an 03 BA with 90k on the clock about 6 weeks back. It has leather seats, electric sunroof, tinted windows and premium sound. I think it may have been a country fleet car because there is no wear in the seats or seatbelts at all.At the time I was looking most T's were in the $28-$29k mark without the factory options, but with lower km's. I wanted the options and wasn't really fussed by the km's as the car ran smoothly and had a fantastic service record.
Adrian6T T.P.I.S. Legacy Donating Member 2,578 Member For: 21y 9m 27d Gender: Male Location: SoR, WA Posted 16/11/06 07:57 AM Posted 16/11/06 07:57 AM I have a 04 T with 42K on the clock id sell for 27K.
myXR6turbo Member 50 Member For: 20y 9m 10d Location: quakers hill sydney Posted 16/11/06 07:57 AM Posted 16/11/06 07:57 AM (edited) You can have mine for $31k, 65000km on the clock.Its 04, black, sunroof,leather seats, fairmont boost gauge, 19in Black Kaotics, SS Cold induction, Herrod cat back exhaust,premium sound, lowered, koni adjustable shocks, manual. Also comes with the original suspension and 18 inch XR wheels. Edited 16/11/06 08:09 AM by myXR6turbo
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 16/11/06 08:19 AM Posted 16/11/06 08:19 AM I think you definately could find yourself a BAII for that money. Manuel or auto and even sound options really dot effect the price very much. I'd look at the Auctions, as they tend to have ex-government ones that would have low K's on them, but you might be geting into the BF range now.For your dollars you would not have any probs getting an ex-police one, which will come with the factory warranty and have about 60k on it, if your in NSW.The market is flooded at the moment with these cars and you will have alot of say in the final changeover price. Let us know how you get on.
Guest Guests Posted 16/11/06 08:58 AM Posted 16/11/06 08:58 AM I picked my 03 manual up for $28k in victoria about 5 months ago with 55,000 kms. It has premium sound, leather, PBR brakes, tow package, XR8 bonnet and 19" wheels. If your over east you'll find one with heaps of options/mods for dirt cheap but if your in WA they're all fairly pricey so I'd look at buying one interstate.
SHOCK Team Grandpa Legacy Donating Member 1,921 Member For: 20y 5m Gender: Male Location: Hunter Valley Posted 16/11/06 11:18 AM Posted 16/11/06 11:18 AM Pay a bit more and get a higher k 05 BF 6 speed auto
ethergy Member 5 Member For: 21y 1m 28d Location: Penrith, NSW Posted 17/11/06 05:22 AM Author Posted 17/11/06 05:22 AM thanks for the responsesyeah I am in Sydney, so Adrian6T yours is a bit to far away..Not sure if I am going to get a manual or auto.. I am going to mod it and from what I have read sounds like the auto would be the go for that.Do you know if anyone has swapped out the 5spd manual for the 6?
Phevor Member 124 Member For: 20y 7m 26d Location: Melbourne Posted 17/11/06 08:21 AM Posted 17/11/06 08:21 AM Pay a bit more and get a higher k 05 BF 6 speed auto←For example, I'm contemplating selling my 2005 BA MkII XR6T, has just over 19K kms on the clock, premium sound, tinted windows, no mods, no leather interior, Rapid color, mint condition, serviced and never thrashed for approx $30K-$32K
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now