ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 07/11/06 11:03 PM Posted 07/11/06 11:03 PM Mate, I would speak to the NRMA and tell them how fussy you are and that if it is not perfect, you will not be happy. They might just relent and give you a new car.As the car is so new, it will be hard for them to make it as new.It really sucks as you are the innocent party. Make sure you get a rental car while yours is being fixed. Do not let them spin you crap that it is not covered, as you are not at fault. Spin them some story about needing a car to pickup a sick grandmother or some other sob story.
Mr Turbo Next stage, to the Pub in 10 seconds Member 2,777 Member For: 22y 1m 19d Gender: Male Location: Berwick Victoria Posted 07/11/06 11:26 PM Posted 07/11/06 11:26 PM Fark n hell that's nasty ... !!! Brings a tear to my ear.Rob...
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 07/11/06 11:31 PM Posted 07/11/06 11:31 PM Seeing that photo makes me think they still might repair it. Hope they write it off if that's what you want. Cant say id want it back after a hit like that.
1dar3u Member 41 Member For: 19y 11m 2d Location: south coast Posted 08/11/06 03:10 AM Posted 08/11/06 03:10 AM ohh man such a nice colour aswell. I feel 4 ya, ju$t cars screwd me.
INFLYT Legacy Donating Member 784 Member For: 20y 2m 22d Gender: Male Location: N.S.W, Sydney Posted 08/11/06 03:38 AM Posted 08/11/06 03:38 AM ohh man such a nice colour aswell. I feel 4 ya, ju$t cars screwd me.←Just Cars Insurance screwed you, you mean? How so?
veczar Gold Platinum Member Member 1,081 Member For: 22y 3m 6d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 08/11/06 04:45 AM Posted 08/11/06 04:45 AM (edited) Sorry about your T :(! ouch. problem with a lot of us is that a new car wouldnt be as good as our old one coz of all the hours work we put into it... EG my carpc prject took four weeks on and off! I wouldnt wana do that again.1dar3u, I thought just cars was good!? How did they screw you? Edited 08/11/06 04:45 AM by veczar
1dar3u Member 41 Member For: 19y 11m 2d Location: south coast Posted 09/11/06 04:50 AM Posted 09/11/06 04:50 AM I had 7grand of stereo stollen out of the car (all was insured) , so I reported it, they said they will send an evaluator out to see me that week. 4months later and im still waiting to see his face, every time I called them they say "we will have to lodge a new claim" and the other week they said to me that thers nothing they can do now cause "its been to long".
Bain Member 827 Member For: 21y 7m 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 09/11/06 05:03 AM Posted 09/11/06 05:03 AM I had 7grand of stereo stollen out of the car (all was insured) , so I reported it, they said they will send an evaluator out to see me that week. 4months later and im still waiting to see his face, every time I called them they say "we will have to lodge a new claim" and the other week they said to me that thers nothing they can do now cause "its been to long".←umm.. not to call you a liar or anything.. But who waits 4 months if 7G's worth of stereo is stolen.. Why didnt you go see them? Why didnt you get onto the Manager of the call centre?
harvyk Member 1,070 Member For: 21y 7m 1d Location: The North Cooma End of Canberra... Posted 09/11/06 09:32 AM Posted 09/11/06 09:32 AM I had 7grand of stereo stollen out of the car (all was insured) , so I reported it, they said they will send an evaluator out to see me that week. 4months later and im still waiting to see his face, every time I called them they say "we will have to lodge a new claim" and the other week they said to me that thers nothing they can do now cause "its been to long".←I'd be telling them to get off their fat arses and replace the stereo. I was once told (by an insurance company) that you have 7 years after the incident to raise an insurance claim, also once a claim has been made they have to either honer it or deny it, it can't sit in limbo. Get dept fair trading in on the case if they try to screw you around any more (A theat of Fair Trading is usually enough to get a place to honer almost anything as it is easier to pay you off than deal with the dept fair trading)
Dans XR6 Turbo Member 204 Member For: 20y 1m 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 09/11/06 11:30 AM Posted 09/11/06 11:30 AM I would be breathing steam by now. You pay good money and what do you get %@$#!^ around! Just goes to show you have to read the fine print of these policies and it pays to talk to others and hear their experiences before deciding who to go with. When it comes down to it your better off paying the vampires a bit more and getting the service than copping this type of treatment.Go to Today Tonight, they ought to put some pressure on em. She WAS gorgeous, I feel for ya bro.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now