Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 24d
  • Location: Bay of Plenty, NZ
Posted

Hi All

Heard a nice sounding scoobie on the road the other day. Made a nice whistle sound on the gear change. Don't know much about how these work, do they add performance or are they just for the effect? and are they easy for a diy fit?

Cheers .........muncher

  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 9m 25d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

it sounds like a HKS ssq,

these are a jap branded bov.

a bov will give a better response, I little quicker pick up.

but the amount is very hard to even feel. I noticed it between gear changes. but to put it in perspective putting octane booster would feel quicker.

they are just for the noise more then anything, there are heaps on the market but if you are looking to get one, turbo smart make a full kit for the xr6 turbo.

it changes the pipe to a metal on with a bracket for the bov.

this is what I am running.

it is a loud sound, a little too loud for me but everyone has the own thorghts about it.

  • role model
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne,S.E
Posted
it sounds like a HKS ssq,

these are a jap branded bov.

a bov will give a better response, I little quicker pick up.

but the amount is very hard to even feel. I noticed it between gear changes. but to put it in perspective putting octane booster would feel quicker.

they are just for the noise more then anything, there are heaps on the market but if you are looking to get one, turbo smart make a full kit for the xr6 turbo.

it changes the pipe to a metal on with a bracket for the bov.

this is what I am running.

it is a loud sound, a little too loud for me but everyone has the own thorghts about it.

which BOV are you running atm??? also can you get a sound clip please :w00t2:

as im intrested in buying a bov

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 9m 25d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

yeah the car is on the dyno on tuesday, so I can do it then.

at low boost it flutters.(like the vl turbos do)

take into account that I am running around 20psi so it will sound alot louder(more air flowing) then one running say 21psi

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 11m 4d
Posted
yeah the car is on the dyno on tuesday, so I can do it then.

at low boost it flutters.(like the vl turbos do)

take into account that I am running around 20psi so it will sound alot louder(more air flowing) then one running say 21psi

Can I have one of the BOV's that make my car go quicker as well. :w00t2:

So long as the stock one doesn't leak, the only difference an aftermarket one will give is noise.

Knock yourself out:

http://www.935motorsports.com/bovmediaX.htm

  • KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE,
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 5m 1d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

If you want a loud tut tut tut tut take the standed bov off and block all the holes.

  • ASHA - Anti Stooge Hunter Association
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 23d
  • Location: Sydney Bronx :)
Posted
If you want a loud tut tut tut tut take the standed bov off and block all the holes.

mmmm and look at your turbo blades a couple months later .... you will get back spin, not the best way to get sound. Mate did this, his turbo was gone ... if you run small boost not too muchan issue, but if your running higher boost I wouldnt be doint this

About the initial question, the GFB Stealth FX is a direct replacement also ... fits in the factory position and is adjustable.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 11m 23d
  • Location: Sutherland Shire, Sydney
Posted

When you have a turbo doing up to 60-100,000RPM. I highly doubt you will get back spin...

RPM will decrease, but it will not back spin.

Also afaik the nizpro stage 2 kit runs no BOV is this correct for 390fwkw...

Chris :pinch:

  • ASHA - Anti Stooge Hunter Association
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 23d
  • Location: Sydney Bronx :)
Posted
When you have a turbo doing up to 60-100,000RPM. I highly doubt you will get back spin...

RPM will decrease, but it will not back spin.

Also afaik the nizpro stage 2 kit runs no BOV is this correct for 390fwkw...

Chris :spoton:

Good point, never thought of it that way.....re::backspin.

Just a theory I heard a while back when my mates turbo blades went into self destruction. The mechanic at the time blamed it on no release valve and "apparant" back spin.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...