Guest Guests Posted 31/07/06 07:49 AM Posted 31/07/06 07:49 AM Spent a bit of time on a current (new) BF today to see if there was any truth behind 'Anti Edit Codes'....and of course no such thing exists. If you have specific facts, they would be good to see, but because someone 'told' you doesnt really verify it as practised engineering procedure ←for once we agree omg!!!!!
SavageF6 Legacy Donating Member 1,622 Member For: 22y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 31/07/06 08:31 AM Posted 31/07/06 08:31 AM So do I cancel my warranty-dodging BF ECU order or not?
SHOCK Team Grandpa Legacy Donating Member 1,921 Member For: 20y 5m 1d Gender: Male Location: Hunter Valley Posted 31/07/06 08:40 AM Posted 31/07/06 08:40 AM Spent a bit of time on a current (new) BF today to see if there was any truth behind 'Anti Edit Codes'....and of course no such thing exists. Such a process would require a hardware platform upgrade to each and every individual car, which cant, and wont, be happening any time soon....If you have specific facts Goldie, they would be good to see, but because someone 'told' you doesnt really verify it as practised engineering procedure ←Which will be happening to every service from now on. Just like mine last week....
SavageF6 Legacy Donating Member 1,622 Member For: 22y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 31/07/06 01:04 PM Posted 31/07/06 01:04 PM Spent a bit of time on a current (new) BF today to see if there was any truth behind 'Anti Edit Codes'....and of course no such thing exists. Such a process would require a hardware platform upgrade to each and every individual car, which cant, and wont, be happening any time soon....If you have specific facts Goldie, they would be good to see, but because someone 'told' you doesnt really verify it as practised engineering procedure ←Which will be happening to every service from now on. Just like mine last week.... ←Please explain? Did they just flash your ECU, or are you saying they swapped it with some fandangy anti-edit one?
mickey_gee Member 593 Member For: 21y 11m 16d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle NSW Posted 31/07/06 02:26 PM Posted 31/07/06 02:26 PM I think if you throw enough cash around at your ford dealer and are fair about what you brake and what has failed under warrenty then you probably wont have a problemMG
gogo Member of team Kittens Member 609 Member For: 22y 7m 8d Location: Melbourne Posted 01/08/06 12:02 AM Posted 01/08/06 12:02 AM Never had any problems...If it breaks and is related to a mod - I pay for it - no problems... well no questions anyway...If breaks and wasn't related to mods, Ford fix - no problems...Simple really...The other thing to keep in mind, is my undserstanding is the flasher only rewrites part of the code - so you are not completely reflashing the ECU - only the segments across which you are making changes...Cheers, Ben.
Lumpen Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!! Legacy Donating Member 5,181 Member For: 23y 6m 16d Gender: Male Location: The Bogan Shire Posted 01/08/06 12:52 AM Posted 01/08/06 12:52 AM Spent a bit of time on a current (new) BF today to see if there was any truth behind 'Anti Edit Codes'....and of course no such thing exists. If you have specific facts, they would be good to see, but because someone 'told' you doesnt really verify it as practised engineering procedure ←for once we agree omg!!!!!←Lumpy
Chooka THE Member Legacy Donating Member 1,210 Member For: 21y 2m 26d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 01/08/06 01:09 AM Posted 01/08/06 01:09 AM Spent a bit of time on a current (new) BF today to see if there was any truth behind 'Anti Edit Codes'....and of course no such thing exists. If you have specific facts, they would be good to see, but because someone 'told' you doesnt really verify it as practised engineering procedure ←for once we agree omg!!!!!←I am of the same opinion, ford like to try and bluff people.Let me guess they said something about them having a way to detect edit now and his car flagged as having an edit? Then he thinks "oh I'm done now" and cough's up that he has been using edit then bang thay have him admitting it, that's all they need. I'm with street tuner and wog, there would have to be a hardware upgrade not just a software upgrade to allow them to find it,Chooka
Headsex Legacy Donating Member 2,528 Member For: 21y 1m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 01/08/06 01:17 AM Posted 01/08/06 01:17 AM I am of the same opinion, ford like to try and bluff people.Let me guess they said something about them having a way to detect edit now and his car flagged as having an edit? Then he thinks "oh I'm done now" and cough's up that he has been using edit then bang thay have him admitting it, that's all they need. I'm with street tuner and wog, there would have to be a hardware upgrade not just a software upgrade to allow them to find it,Chooak←I agree..but there was a hardware change in the BF.. Its now a Spanish Oak pcm, not a Blackoak (using MPC565, rather than a MPC555)... So there's your hardwrae upgrade But never the less, the Flasher box reprograms the PCM the same way fords diagnostic tools do... So does that mean when they flash a new firmware on your car, it throws the "edit flag" and next time you get black flagged? I think not..The only way I have seen people get caught out is putting their "stock (F) calibration" back into the car after ford upgraded it the last time to the latest..Danny
turbotom Team Bute Legacy Donating Member 1,550 Member For: 23y 2m 16d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 01/08/06 02:25 AM Posted 01/08/06 02:25 AM ......" The only way I have seen people get caught out is putting their "stock (F) calibration" back into the car after ford upgraded it the last time to the latest.."Danny←Danny, bit of danger here with your statement...... Are you are suggesting that owners should leave the EDIT tune in the ECU when leaving a car for service?I seem to recall a very important issue with the EDIT.If you have an edit tune in the car ( NOT the F factory tune), and dealer reflashes the ECU, you will render your edit box useless. You will NOT be able to load your tunes, unless the box is sent back to SCT for a clear of the car's ID.Best practice is to be up front with your dealer.Guys who try and bullsh!t their way for warranty repairs for driveline issues on modified vehicles don't win any votes with me.I have a dealer who is passionate about performance cars.I've been straight with them, and they have been very fair with me.Whatever has been a warranty claim has never been questioned.Whatever has been an issue related to any of my mods, I've paid for.I tell them the car has an edit tune, and I do NOT want any reflash. They understand that, and respect my wishes. tom.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now