Redhawk ....Time to lay this fairytale aside...... Legacy Donating Member 2,657 Member For: 23y 6m 29d Gender: Male Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet! Posted 18/05/03 10:34 AM Posted 18/05/03 10:34 AM Sorry, wagons do zip for me, ........boring!!!!!IMTRBO......bias??? Nah mate honest Cro.....I don't see many rear ends of VY's (for long) :D :D
Charliewool Member 375 Member For: 23y 8m 17d Location: Melbourne Posted 18/05/03 10:49 AM Posted 18/05/03 10:49 AM If I was a Expensive Daewoo fan I'd be a bit disappointed because they're only making them in 2 colours: red and black. Go Bombers!! B)
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 28d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 18/05/03 10:53 AM Posted 18/05/03 10:53 AM Cro.....I don't see many rear ends of VY's (for long) :D :D GRRR, 39 days till I can start saying the same thing!!
Mike1 Member 48 Member For: 23y 6m 20d Location: Perth Posted 18/05/03 01:45 PM Posted 18/05/03 01:45 PM A GEN III wagon is a great idea by GMH. Will fit heaps more drums of oil in the back :lol:
XR8Chic vrooom psshhht Member 340 Member For: 23y 11m 21d Gender: Female Location: Victoria Posted 18/05/03 11:13 PM Posted 18/05/03 11:13 PM Expensive Daewoo already make a LS1 wagon... but they arent the SS.Do you know if they will have the manual option in them?I can see them making a few sales with this. Sports... Power, and lots of storage room (that's under cover). Ideal for people who have to cart a lot of stuff around.. from golf clubs to DJing equipment to computers.My ex wanted a V8 wagon. He was trying to find something sporty, and manual. but the only option ford gave him was the luxo barge auto fairmont. I gave him my old T5 when I put a T56 in my car, he was going to do the conversion... but I dont think he realised how badly I killed the T5 (bent input shaft, and chewed out gears). So .... he is still stuck with an auto at the moment.
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 22d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 19/05/03 12:34 AM Posted 19/05/03 12:34 AM I think Ford should have an XR wagon. OK the engineering costs for such a low volume seller might be prohibitive to do XR6T and XR8 (GT-P wagon anyone?!) but what about a n/a XR6 wagon. There'd be SFA "engineering" to be done except for maybe tooling up a different rear skirt. Expensive Daewoo have a much larger potential target market as you would all know because they export.
HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 11m 5d Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 19/05/03 12:38 AM Posted 19/05/03 12:38 AM A GEN III wagon is a great idea by GMH. Will fit heaps more drums of oil in the back :lol: hahahahahahaha :lol: Could have not said it better myself, Is storage space for 3 new gearboxes (years supply) optional?
Superoo Member 340 Member For: 23y 11m 8d Gender: Male Posted 19/05/03 01:12 AM Posted 19/05/03 01:12 AM Since Ford announced the wagon line-up for the BA, Expensive Daewoo knew they had an advantage as far as what they could offer at the upper end so it's no surprise they are trying to push that advantage further.I'm surprised by the lack of colours in the range and not sure how people in general will take to the image of an SS in wagon form. My guess is that resale on these things may not stack up against the sedan. 50K+ is an expensive wagon so they'll need those family types who just have to have a V8 and make use of wagons to be cashed up. Personally, I still feel the back end of the VY wagon, dated as it may be now, is still the better looking when compared to the BA wagon. Hope for Holden's sake, and those rear tyres, that the control link suspension "fix" for the rear camber problem is well and sorted. My VT wagon got 80K out of a set of tyres. Then, on the new set, had it loaded up for a trip to Canberra and Sydney. Let's just say that after 2000 odd kays, I'm glad I didn't have to fork out the money for the next set (lease finished).
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now