NCHRGE Member 10 Member For: 20y 7m 11d Location: Sydney Posted 30/10/06 11:24 AM Posted 30/10/06 11:24 AM I want to get into sports and decided I want to get into motorsport, but I dont no who to get in contact with to get involved, I want to no wat licences I need eg. cams, andra etc etc, and how much it will all cost.your help is needed.cheersoz
F6 RAPID Formerly Turbo6 Legacy Donating Member 2,332 Member For: 23y 8m 21d Location: North Brisbane Posted 30/10/06 07:44 PM Posted 30/10/06 07:44 PM Try CAMS mate.
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 6d Gender: Male Posted 31/10/06 03:46 AM Posted 31/10/06 03:46 AM head down to your local track on the weekend and ask around!
thebrunks Member 665 Member For: 22y 2m 18d Location: Gold Coast Posted 31/10/06 04:18 AM Posted 31/10/06 04:18 AM (edited) If you've interested in circuit racing/Hill climbs give me a call on 0412 375742 or email me [email protected]I'll give you the costs involved for CAMS vs AASA race meetings etc, I also can hook you with a race car for a realistic price!CheersRuss Edited 31/10/06 04:25 AM by thebrunks
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 8d Gender: Male Posted 31/10/06 04:53 AM Posted 31/10/06 04:53 AM I duno bout u guys.. but I wana know wat NCHRGE's avatar says!
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 31/10/06 04:56 AM Posted 31/10/06 04:56 AM (edited) The first point of call should be a CAMS affiliated Car Club.Go to CAMS and have a look around their site.I am a member of 6 car clubs and can race every other weekend if I want. It is a fun but expensive sport. Edited 31/10/06 05:03 AM by ZAP_F6
thebrunks Member 665 Member For: 22y 2m 18d Location: Gold Coast Posted 31/10/06 06:59 AM Posted 31/10/06 06:59 AM In Qld & Vic you can choose AASA as a cheaper alternative to CAMS.AASA events are far cheaper here in Qld & run & done in one day as compared to 2-3 days for a CAMS event!The comparison is thisAASA licence $200/yearRace Fees $120All done in one day minimum 4 races plus qualifyingvs CAMS licence $341/yearClub membership $60Medical $100 every 2 years for under 40 year old, every year for over 40.Race fees $220-$275Run over 2 days with Friday practice fees of approx $80-$100Maximum 4 races plus qualifyingThen you have to budget for car, fuel, tyres, damage (Mainly at CAMS events) etc.A lease car for a AASA event towed to & from the track with crew will set you back $800.A lease car for a CAMS event will cost $1500 plus add towing & crew.Basically a AASA event arrive & drive will cost $1000 per meeting a CAMS meeting minimum $2200Prices are going off Gemini racing, step up to MX5s you can add another 20%.Now if you think this is expensive try running your XR6 around a race track at full noise & be competitive, coupled with potential damage. I know a WRX costs an owner a minimum of $3000 per meeting!Russ
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 17d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 31/10/06 02:07 PM Posted 31/10/06 02:07 PM What sort of meetings are these, Russ?Geea.
thebrunks Member 665 Member For: 22y 2m 18d Location: Gold Coast Posted 31/10/06 03:52 PM Posted 31/10/06 03:52 PM Craig the AASA have circuit racing events, they consist of various forms from Sedans, open wheelers, MX5's etc. Australian Auto Sports Alliancein Qld we have the Topgear events which is a much more relaxed form compared to CAMS events. Basically there is a lot more panel rubbing in CAMS events as you tend to be racing for sheep stations.Here's a list of events run at last weekends round NatsoftAll sprints at Qld Raceway come under AASA as well.in Vic they run basically in direct opposition to CAMS, with categories like HQ's in the Victorian Motor Racing Championship see VMRCI run a team comprising 4 Geminis & we're thinking of building an MX5 as well, personally for anyone wanting to get the feel of circuit racing I'd highly recommend a AASA Topgear event. You get the chance to race cars of the same spec as yours & race against cars which have different characteristics. All at a much lower price than a CAMS event. Also at QR you race on every configuration in one day, they have 4 track layouts.The major difference between AASA & CAMS is that CAMS is a very top heavy organisation & charges it's competitors for it, where AASA isn't.Qld Raceway also charges spectators to come to CAMS events, but AASA events spectators are free. I'll upload a AASA race for you to look at tomorrow, here's a CAMS race in a Gemini for now Mate I understand Kittens is sponsoring the Ex-Greg Willis Saloon Car next year!Russ
Phevor Member 124 Member For: 20y 7m 25d Location: Melbourne Posted 01/11/06 01:12 PM Posted 01/11/06 01:12 PM I want to get into sports and decided I want to get into motorsport, but I dont no who to get in contact with to get involved, I want to no wat licences I need eg. cams, andra etc etc, and how much it will all cost.your help is needed.cheersoz←Out of curiosity, to what degree of motor racing do you want to achieve?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now