Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 9d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 22/11/06 07:56 AM Posted 22/11/06 07:56 AM They cant sell the XR8. Too many factors againtsk it, fuel, VE SS etc. What else can they do but option it out and cut the price. The advertised price at the moment is nothing as you can get another 5-8k off anyway.
RHR BOOST Moderating Team 5,698 Member For: 23y 23d Gender: Male Location: Southern Highlands NSW Posted 26/12/06 09:16 AM Posted 26/12/06 09:16 AM The XR8 becomming the better buy of the 2.← And they're faster too
mickq Member 740 Member For: 23y 5m 6d Posted 26/12/06 02:09 PM Posted 26/12/06 02:09 PM (edited) The XR8 is VERY noticeably slower than the XR6T, and it handles like a bus with an elephant sitting next to the driver.Seriously, it sounds fantastic, its just sadly not a very quick or well-handling and balanced car compared to the T. I think Ford should throw that v8 in the bin and start again. It would be great in a really light car, but doesnt cut it in the current car. Edited 26/12/06 02:09 PM by mickq
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 11d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 26/12/06 02:19 PM Posted 26/12/06 02:19 PM f*ck no, dont wish for Ford to drop the V8 again, who knows when it will return if they do.Be careful what you wish for.Scotty
Guest Guests Posted 26/12/06 05:16 PM Posted 26/12/06 05:16 PM 'sI'd personnaly like to see Ford introduce a V8 that is just as capable (on paper) as both the XR6T and the V8 Expensive Daewoo equivalent.Ford need to be able to offer up a alternative to the XR6T in the performance sedan stakes, heres hoping Orion sees that through.
xr6 Member 96 Member For: 21y 9m Posted 28/12/06 01:53 PM Posted 28/12/06 01:53 PM BF XR8 or VE SS? This is where Ford have their biggest problem with the VE, so I'd guess it's a good time to buy an XR8.I hope Ford find a new V8 for the Orion, but I don't expect it to happen. They're probably way too busy trying to sort a turbo diesel for it and the Territory...
JBomb3000 Legacy Donating Member 875 Member For: 20y 10m 8d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 28/12/06 09:29 PM Posted 28/12/06 09:29 PM BF XR8 or VE SS? This is where Ford have their biggest problem with the VE, so I'd guess it's a good time to buy an XR8.I hope Ford find a new V8 for the Orion, but I don't expect it to happen. They're probably way too busy trying to sort a turbo diesel for it and the Territory...←I agree that this is where ford have the biggest problem matching up against the VE, that and the LWB cars. But how does this make it a good time to buy a XR8? I'd by the SS over the XR8.
xr6 Member 96 Member For: 21y 9m Posted 29/12/06 04:04 PM Posted 29/12/06 04:04 PM BF XR8 or VE SS? This is where Ford have their biggest problem with the VE, so I'd guess it's a good time to buy an XR8.I hope Ford find a new V8 for the Orion, but I don't expect it to happen. They're probably way too busy trying to sort a turbo diesel for it and the Territory...←I agree that this is where ford have the biggest problem matching up against the VE, that and the LWB cars. But how does this make it a good time to buy a XR8? I'd by the SS over the XR8.←If you WANT a XR8, I'd expect this to be a good time to get a good deal.
Toxic Beast Member 514 Member For: 20y 1m 4d Gender: Male Posted 29/12/06 06:05 PM Posted 29/12/06 06:05 PM seriously, the xr8s can't be that bad !it pisses me off how all u turbo guys look down on them. they are still great cars, sound nice and have awesome induction notes that scream down the streets. and its Ford don't forget.so no need to keep baggin them.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now