Cobra potty trained Legacy Donating Member 1,938 Member For: 23y 5m 6d Gender: Male Posted 16/05/03 12:48 AM Posted 16/05/03 12:48 AM congrats and keep grinning :D a couple of things you mentioned.... the illuminated switch --- there is a thread on here a mile long and the I got a nose pack (probably another 3M product :lol: no, it was "Defense Pack") fitted to the ute to protect the bonnet/head/driving lights ... you can't see the film much ... was about $300cheers
Phantomxr6 Legacy Donating Member 452 Member For: 23y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Razorback NSW Posted 16/05/03 01:28 AM Posted 16/05/03 01:28 AM Lightning, IMO,they(light&bonnet protectors), look fantastic.I'll post some pics this arvo .Steve.
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 1d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 16/05/03 01:33 AM Posted 16/05/03 01:33 AM It's this type of detail that makes my wait even more unbearable ... especially when it appears that you have most of the same options as me.If you're close to what I got, especially the colour, you'll love it. Hehe, now I can finally say that!Simon....Just about the same, except for Sunroof and Dribble Bib ... didn't see that one on the list, your dealer must have thrown it in, eh?
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 1d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 16/05/03 01:36 AM Posted 16/05/03 01:36 AM Congrats Dude....enjoy your new babyAm so so envious.....I feel like I am in a time warp...is it me or are these days/nights getting longer and longer.....want my "T"ZmanNarooma Blue "T" 18's,Premium Sound, Premium brakes,roof,sports wheel,alarm,ZMAN, I feel you pain ... my baby ordered on April 12, SIDO on May 13, July build date (unspecified), probable delivery in August .... AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!Time warp, you say ... it's bloody-well STOPPED!
ZMAN Member 669 Member For: 23y 5m Location: Inglewood, W.A Posted 16/05/03 02:04 AM Posted 16/05/03 02:04 AM KenThank god for work...it at times keeps my mind off my "T" I have heard conflicting dates from my Dealer and by Ford as to when I will be taking delivery of my baby....it could be as early as end of May to as late as July....who knows......someone out there must know the truth..........................................................ZmanXR6T NAROOMA BLUE 18'S,Premium Brakes,Premium Sound,Sunroof,Factory Alarm,
Redhawk ....Time to lay this fairytale aside...... Legacy Donating Member 2,657 Member For: 23y 6m 21d Gender: Male Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet! Posted 16/05/03 02:49 AM Posted 16/05/03 02:49 AM Hi lightning, glad to see another Mercury Silver on WA roads B) , and manual at that Hope to see you on the road soon, or better still at the Tickford owners meet in June. Yep she is one sweet car, love it
Lightning Member 335 Member For: 23y 8m 16d Location: Perth, Western Australia Posted 16/05/03 01:13 PM Author Posted 16/05/03 01:13 PM Just about the same, except for Sunroof and Dribble Bib ... didn't see that one on the list, your dealer must have thrown it in, eh? The Dribble Bib" is unlisted in the catalogue, but they can get it in if you ask. I should also have ordered the anti-wrinkle cream for the smile lines I'm getting! Sunroof is good, happy about that.Did you get mats too? Do yours fit properly? The rears don't quite for me....Simon....
Lightning Member 335 Member For: 23y 8m 16d Location: Perth, Western Australia Posted 16/05/03 01:19 PM Author Posted 16/05/03 01:19 PM congrats and keep grinning :D a couple of things you mentioned.... the illuminated switch --- there is a thread on here a mile long and the I got a nose pack (probably another 3M product :lol: no, it was "Defense Pack") fitted to the ute to protect the bonnet/head/driving lights ... you can't see the film much ... was about $300cheers Re the switches and lights, trust me, I've seen the thread. Just gotta find someone in Perth that I trust to do it for me.As for the protectors, will check them out.Thanks,Simon....
Lightning Member 335 Member For: 23y 8m 16d Location: Perth, Western Australia Posted 16/05/03 01:25 PM Author Posted 16/05/03 01:25 PM Hi lightning, glad to see another Mercury Silver on WA roads B) , and manual at that Hope to see you on the road soon, or better still at the Tickford owners meet in June. Yep she is one sweet car, love it Silverhawk,I drove the auto first and, quite surprisingly, liked it. I didn't think I would after driving a manual for 2 years. Then, the day after, I drove a manual. Only took me a gear shift sequence to say to the sales guy "a manual it is".As for the Tickford Owners meet, I really should. I meant to when I had the AUII, but I never got around to it. What date in June? Still at Melville Motors? Give me the details and we'll park next to each other Simon....
Lightning Member 335 Member For: 23y 8m 16d Location: Perth, Western Australia Posted 16/05/03 01:32 PM Author Posted 16/05/03 01:32 PM Two other observations from today:The new wiper washers are great. You get 2 horizontal 'streams' of water, not 2 pinpricks, like it.Secondly, I've made the observation to a couple of people that the car feels smaller than the AUII XR6. Hard to explain, it's not smaller like inside, just that it doesn't feel you have 2 seats and a boot behind you when you're driving it. The AUII sometimes felt a bit like a tank, this one is different. It's just.... better :D Simon....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now