Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 29d
  • Location: Perth
Posted (edited)

This is my 95 octane 10psi tune.

post-5969-1161006517_thumb.jpg

The initial ramp up in boost is caused by not being able to go WOT until over 3000rpm to avoid kickdown to 2nd.

post-5969-1161006539_thumb.jpg

Fuel mixtures are rich in the mid range, reducing the chance of knock. This tune is running Caltex Vortex 95 octane fuel. I've deliberately tuned the engine rich.

post-5969-1161006563_thumb.jpg

Torque feels great on the road.

Edited by M6 XR6T
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 14d
Posted

I would post one of my dyno sheets up but im in Darwin ATM! My power curve looks like a ski jump, with stuff all mid range. Very good for saving the auto (auto is stock, except trans cooler) and has been running 260rw for 9months and over 300rw for 4months. The only down fall is how dissapointing the car feels. This is gonna change soon with a new air intake, battery relocation, trans rebuild and re-tune. Can't wait....dont need any more power at the top just the massive mid-range.

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 11m 13d
  • Location: Newcastle
Posted
This is my 95 octane 10psi tune.

post-5969-1161006517_thumb.jpg

The initial ramp up in boost is caused by not being able to go WOT until over 3000rpm to avoid kickdown to 2nd.

post-5969-1161006539_thumb.jpg

Fuel mixtures are rich in the mid range, reducing the chance of knock. This tune is running Caltex Vortex 95 octane fuel. I've deliberately tuned the engine rich.

post-5969-1161006563_thumb.jpg

Torque feels great on the road.

What do you class as being a rich tune? A lot of guys I have spoken to tune to 0.85 lambda WOT... what are your thoughts?....

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted
This is my 95 octane 10psi tune.

post-5969-1161006517_thumb.jpg

The initial ramp up in boost is caused by not being able to go WOT until over 3000rpm to avoid kickdown to 2nd.

post-5969-1161006539_thumb.jpg

Fuel mixtures are rich in the mid range, reducing the chance of knock. This tune is running Caltex Vortex 95 octane fuel. I've deliberately tuned the engine rich.

post-5969-1161006563_thumb.jpg

Torque feels great on the road.

What do you class as being a rich tune? A lot of guys I have spoken to tune to 0.85 lambda WOT... what are your thoughts?....

that's probably ideal but there are always exeptions.

Some make more hp with more fuel some with less.

They are all individual just like us.

that's also why they call it custom tuning and not generic tuning.lol.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Bendigo
Posted

heres a curve how it should be. This is my street tune, I cant find my race tune one, went missing between showing people :kissmy:

post-6886-1162116392_thumb.jpg

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted
heres a curve how it should be. This is my street tune, I cant find my race tune one, went missing between showing people :suck:

Excellent

well done. :kissmy:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted
here you go muz, my dyno graph, with boost. As you can see, it comes on hard at 15psi, then tapers down. Gets the car moving quite quickly though :kissmy:

post-6802-1160692197_thumb.jpg

I think mine is very similar to yours jimmy.. this is my P2... P3 is exactly the same with just a few more rwkw :suck:

post-3353-1162116992_thumb.jpg

post-3353-1162117019_thumb.jpg

  • Toughest BA Turbo
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
heres a curve how it should be. This is my street tune, I cant find my race tune one, went missing between showing people :kissmy:

It's not valid comparing a dyno sheet of your stalled auto against manual dyno curves.

All stalled auto dynos sheet read better. We've discussed this in previous threads.

Having said that we all know your car goes OK on slicks.

Brian

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 5d
Posted
here you go muz, my dyno graph, with boost. As you can see, it comes on hard at 15psi, then tapers down. Gets the car moving quite quickly though :sick:

post-6802-1160692197_thumb.jpg

I think mine is very similar to yours jimmy.. this is my P2... P3 is exactly the same with just a few more rwkw :pooh:

I bet you hate driving that. :spoton:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 29d
  • Location: Perth
Posted
This is my 95 octane 10psi tune.

post-5969-1161006517_thumb.jpg

The initial ramp up in boost is caused by not being able to go WOT until over 3000rpm to avoid kickdown to 2nd.

post-5969-1161006539_thumb.jpg

Fuel mixtures are rich in the mid range, reducing the chance of knock. This tune is running Caltex Vortex 95 octane fuel. I've deliberately tuned the engine rich.

post-5969-1161006563_thumb.jpg

Torque feels great on the road.

What do you class as being a rich tune? A lot of guys I have spoken to tune to 0.85 lambda WOT... what are your thoughts?....

I don't have any. As long as it doesn't detonate or chuck a rod/break a piston it doesn't matter.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...