R31_IceMan Member 26 Member For: 20y 18d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/10/06 12:34 PM Posted 06/10/06 12:34 PM (edited) G'day guys and girls,I've spend the last hour and a bit searching all over the formus and net trying to get info on the strength of the ute LSD, but to no end I've found S.F.A.I've learnt I think that the LSD in the use is a Dana M86 LSD (please correct me if I'm wrong).My ute has 70,000km on the clock and the LSD still works like a dream but I do know that I drive the car a lot harded than the previous owner so I'm a little worried about the expected life of the LSD.Who owns a ute and how long did it take you to kill the LSD?What diff did you put back in?And how long should I expect it to last when its given a little drift every now and then?or should I just get Yarra Vally Autos to give it a look over whilst they do the auto?cheers and thanks for the help guys Edited 06/10/06 12:37 PM by R31_IceMan
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 11d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 07/10/06 11:06 AM Posted 07/10/06 11:06 AM Never heard of any going bang. There are quite a few on here with rediculous amounts of power, and everything else is givving up first.
R31_IceMan Member 26 Member For: 20y 18d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 09/10/06 01:05 AM Author Posted 09/10/06 01:05 AM hmmm sounds good has anyone had a problem?mine is 75,000km old and is starting to make a little noise (maybe needs an oil change)but I would really like to know if I got the type of diff centre correct as well and who got theirs tightened and who hasn'tcheers guys and gals
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 28d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 09/10/06 01:38 AM Posted 09/10/06 01:38 AM the ute diffs are pretty damn tuff... been running over 300kw for a year now and I drive it hard and mines never made a noise!about all u mioght come across is the non-tickable option of "diff clunk" but that's usually from new it doesnt generate much after time.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 11d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 09/10/06 03:13 AM Posted 09/10/06 03:13 AM When you say noise, are you referring to a whine at a given speed or something else? If it's the whine then that's nothing to do with the amount of power - my stock BA went through four of the f*ckers
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 15d Posted 09/10/06 03:18 AM Posted 09/10/06 03:18 AM Nizpro bent a houseing at over 400rwkw
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 09/10/06 04:11 AM Posted 09/10/06 04:11 AM Nizpro bent a houseing at over 400rwkw←Yes they did with a four link rear end on drag slicks on a drag strip with a 5000+ rpm launch..so i think the rest of us should be okay.....
R31_IceMan Member 26 Member For: 20y 18d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 09/10/06 07:24 AM Author Posted 09/10/06 07:24 AM the diff is whining.I believe if I change the oil I'll be the 1st ever to do so, so it may be called for.everyone that has replied how do you treat your car. do you spin the wheels nearly every 2nd time your in the car or everytime how often are you reiling on it to lock up?
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 15d Posted 09/10/06 07:29 AM Posted 09/10/06 07:29 AM Nizpro bent a houseing at over 400rwkw←Yes they did with a four link rear end on drag slicks on a drag strip with a 5000+ rpm launch..so I think the rest of us should be okay.....←one would hope
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 09/10/06 07:31 AM Posted 09/10/06 07:31 AM Nizpro bent a houseing at over 400rwkw←Yes they did with a four link rear end on drag slicks on a drag strip with a 5000+ rpm launch..so I think the rest of us should be okay.....←7000rpm I believe.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now