How Strong Is My Lsd

R31_IceMan

• Member For: 17y 6m 11d

G'day guys and girls,

I've spend the last hour and a bit searching all over the formus and net trying to get info on the strength of the ute LSD, but to no end I've found S.F.A.

I've learnt I think that the LSD in the use is a Dana M86 LSD (please correct me if I'm wrong).

My ute has 70,000km on the clock and the LSD still works like a dream but I do know that I drive the car a lot harded than the previous owner so I'm a little worried about the expected life of the LSD.

Who owns a ute and how long did it take you to kill the LSD?

What diff did you put back in?

And how long should I expect it to last when its given a little drift every now and then?

or should I just get Yarra Vally Autos to give it a look over whilst they do the auto?

cheers and thanks for the help guys

Edited by R31_IceMan

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 4d

Never heard of any going bang. There are quite a few on here with rediculous amounts of power, and everything else is givving up first.

hmmm sounds good :)

has anyone had a problem?

mine is 75,000km old and is starting to make a little noise (maybe needs an oil change)

but I would really like to know if I got the type of diff centre correct as well and who got theirs tightened and who hasn't

cheers guys and gals

• Member For: 19y 6m 21d

the ute diffs are pretty damn tuff... been running over 300kw for a year now and I drive it hard and mines never made a noise!

about all u mioght come across is the non-tickable option of "diff clunk" but that's usually from new it doesnt generate much after time.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 4d

When you say noise, are you referring to a whine at a given speed or something else? If it's the whine then that's nothing to do with the amount of power - my stock BA went through four of the f*ckers :spoton:

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 6d
Nizpro bent a houseing at over 400rwkw

Yes they did with a four link rear end on drag slicks on a drag strip with a 5000+ rpm launch..so i think the rest of us should be okay.....

the diff is whining.

I believe if I change the oil I'll be the 1st ever to do so, so it may be called for.

everyone that has replied how do you treat your car. do you spin the wheels nearly every 2nd time your in the car or everytime how often are you reiling on it to lock up?

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 3d
Nizpro bent a houseing at over 400rwkw

Yes they did with a four link rear end on drag slicks on a drag strip with a 5000+ rpm launch..so I think the rest of us should be okay.....

7000rpm I believe. :tease: