Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 1m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Southern Highlands NSW
Posted

tmac450

Well said!!

  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 1m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Southern Highlands NSW
Posted
I wish my BF had the same quality as the Toyota's. Sick of the door inserts falling off evertime I close the doors.

Mate Ive had a few things come loose and your better fixing it yourself than to let the monkeys at it.. Why dont you try using a bit of glue on the door inserts..

Rob

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 8m 3d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I personally think at the end of the day if your happy with your car (Ford) then that's the main thing. There'll always be Ford vs Expensive Daewoo camp, I mean take the V8 Supercar series for example, will other manufacturers jump on board? I couldn't agree more that Ford need a better marketing avenue but the fact of the matter is the T is a tuff, great Aussie car. In this day of age there's too much choice, whether Ford get ontop of Expensive Daewoo sales and marketing or not, they still have a vast population of blue oval fans the world over... :clap:

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NSW
Posted
I personally think at the end of the day if your happy with your car (Ford) then that's the main thing. There'll always be Ford vs Expensive Daewoo camp, I mean take the V8 Supercar series for example, will other manufacturers jump on board? I couldn't agree more that Ford need a better marketing avenue but the fact of the matter is the T is a tuff, great Aussie car. In this day of age there's too much choice, whether Ford get ontop of Expensive Daewoo sales and marketing or not, they still have a vast population of blue oval fans the world over...  :clap:

I should point that I am no die hard Ford fan, just anti Holden.

That being said, the Falcons are an Australia only thing and if Ford Aust. doesn't pick up their marketing game they won't be able to sustain Australian production, regardless of how many fans they have around the world. If that happens we'll be left with poorly built American junk from Ford (American build quality is worse than Australia's).

  • Yaris member
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 3m 16d
  • Gender: Male
Posted
I wish my BF had the same quality as the Toyota's. Sick of the door inserts falling off evertime I close the doors.

Mate Ive had a few things come loose and your better fixing it yourself than to let the monkeys at it.. Why dont you try using a bit of glue on the door inserts..

Rob

will that work?

I got mine re done by the ford monkeys and they r still bubbly!!

Guest newl
  • Guests
Posted
how many fans they have around the world.  If that happens we'll be left with poorly built American junk from Ford (American build quality is worse than Australia's).

So you've been driving American vehicles for how long now to offer that up as a statement of fact?

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NSW
Posted

[

So you've been driving American vehicles for how long now to offer that up as a statement of fact?

In the past I've looked at (and driven) Comaros and Mustangs and you don;t have to be too sharp to notice the poor fit and finish. You also only have to ask Ford Australia the dramas they had when importing the Mustangs. Thousands had to be spent on each car to fix trims and line panels up, even then the panel gaps are hit and miss.

My parents have also had a Jeep or too, but their production was moved from the US to Mexico. The Jeeps are OK, but unrefined and the controls not too well thought out. Their poor quality really stands out when apporaching the 100k mark with trims falling off and increasing mechanical failures.

I think that there are many appealing American cars, but sorry to say, in my experience, there build standards are below par. I think that you will also find that the Top Gear guys tend to say pretty much the same things when reveiwing US cars.

I've had a few cars over the years and for build quality, the Japs win hands down.

  • Wanabe mechanical engineer
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the computer, obviously.....
Posted

How easy a car is to live with on a daily basis should be what you base your decision on. So lets take Motors comments, in context, and see where that leaves you.

"The ergonomics are beaut and that's one department where the Fords give the Holdens a thumping.

Frankly, ergonomics are one area where the VE doesn't seem much of an advance at all.. The power window switches in the centre console are in the wrong place and the temperature controls on the allegedly superior system of the Bogan special are confusing. And we're still not sure about the black headlining, feels kind of enclosed to us."

Then the fuel consumption figures.

"The increasingly important question of fuel economy threw up some suprises, although there were no prizes for guessing that the six cylinder Falcon was going to be up the pointy end of making the most of every litre. Even so, the Turbo's 10.8L/100km is a pretty damn good result and well ahead of anything else on test."

Now ergonomics, to a degree, are somwhat of a subjective matter, yet ergonomics still has a basic formula that most agree on. that's always been the most annoying thing in any Late model camira I've ever driven, or had to be a passenger in. Something just isn't right, and I find myself needing to drink water every 15 minutes to quell the thirst build up that I seem to aquire from holding down the niggling frustration. Rather that, then take it out on someone.

It almost appears like they thought of everything, where switches should be, what would feel smooth or look nice, then either did the opposite thing, or moved it 15 degree's off target. that's the best description, the interiors just aren't on target.

This, and the fact that almost every motoring journalist agree's with me, would probably be the biggest point on buying the Falcon. Just flick the blinker switches, turn the volume controls, heater controls or feel the door handles. Turn the whiper stalk, open the center console and feel how flimsy, inaccurate or vague they are. These are the things we do nearly every time we drive the car, depending on the weather. My 92 astina has a more possitive, "its not going to fall off in my hand", feel to its switchgear than any of the commodores I've had to drive (especially the VY company car I had, argh... That was a painful 6 months of motoring)). And I am not exagerating. When I want to change lanes, I know that the blinker isn't going to fully lock, because there is a definate spring action and switching point in both directions, and there is no play in it. This is such a simple example, yet is perfect to demonstrate the point. Our Ghia's blinker, or post BA falcons in general, is obviously further down the quality line than my Astina. The stalk is solid, and hard to move in the wrong direction. It does what it is told with a positive, solid feeling and flicks back with a sharp, accurate movement. The switches feel the same today (110,000km's and nearly 4 years) than they did brand new. Now that's goto count for something.

"Things should be... Where they should be." The Falcons cruise is another example; it just shouldn't be done any other way.

And finally, the fact that the very week you get an XR6T, you could have someone use the Edit to tune it up for you. The outcome would be a car that is basically better in every way over any stock Commodore (well duh), or lets put it this way, any new Late model camira that costs the same ammount (xr6t + custom tune). We had a fairly long post about this a few months back; no one found anything that could provide better bang for your bucks (including safety, drivability, looks, ride quality and practicallity), then an Edited XR6T with a towbar. It basically does everything, even the washing up, and mowing of the lawn.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...