Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Team Blueprint
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 17d
Posted

I rang the dealer back today pretending to be a cash sale and wanting to know if I could get a T ASAP as I had cash to burn. Guess what ? They gave me about the same delivery date. They told me they have an allocation of 4 a month and at the moment they are selling 10. I think that has clarified it all up for me. It seems as though they weren't giving me the run around after all

  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 26d
Posted

I can certainly testify to fleet orders being last on the list, I ordered mine mid November with est delivery early March, but did not get it until mid April.

Seems the larger the customer the worse the wait is, the company I work for runs the biggest vehicle fleet in Australia and orders are placed directly to Ford, not through dealers so the vehicle cannot come from the dealers allocation. I pushed our fleet people to put some pressure on Ford to speed the delivery up, but was told they have tried before only to be told by Ford and Expensive Daewoo to buy their cars somewhere else if they dont like the delivery times!

Worth the wait though for a fleet car - very happy about not paying for all that fuel (tank of Optimax every second day).

Guest Andy
  • Guests
Posted

G'day, Isher

I just rang the ford customer service 13 3673 and gave them my SIDO. Got this numb nuts firstly who new nothing, told me he had no access to that sort of info & I should talk to my dealer. So I rang back and got this other guy who was excellent he put me on hold for about 10 mins and rang the stock controller who said my car was completed waiting to go across the paddock to toll group who will have it put onto a truck tomorrow or Monday for deliver it to the dealer, even gave me an approx delivery date for it to arrive at the dealer. So I guess it depends on who you get on the other end of the line as to how much info you can get!!

  • Brendan Dennis
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, Vic
Posted

Clyde,

SIDO

Single Identifiaction Dealer Order Number.

When a car is placed on order by the dealer at Ford it gets this number. If you have not been given one then it is fairly safe to assume that your car is NOT on order from the dealer...

Every Falcon has one all the way back to the XL...

Guest Isher
  • Guests
Posted

Andy,

Thanks for the info mate. I'll give them a call next week some time to see what is going on.

Regards,

Isher

Guest StevoD
  • Guests
Posted

I ordered a lease car with fleet discount. Ordered 13 Feb 03 delivered 12 April 03 - almost exactly 2 months. The conversation at the time was that dependant on options the wait varied. Premium Sound held mine up, but I believe that the sun roof is the thing that holds them up the longest. Premium Sound is worth it though - you get extra light sockets in the footwells and for $1.80 from Repco you can put the 3W bulbs in B)

cheers

Stevo

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 9d
  • Location: Perth
Posted

I ordered mine (with fleet discount) 27th Feb a contract showed "Late April 2003" delivery. Salesman phoned mid March and said delivery more like late May now due to demand. Phoned again early April to say it was now not going to be built until early June therefore delivery mid June at the earliest. Said if I wanted a car without premium sound or blueprint he may be able to source another car from another dealer - no, not interested. A couple of weeks ago I was driving past the dealer so I called in (mainly to get a "fix" and at least sit in an XR) and without my asking the salesman showed me their current XR orders (all the peoples names and order dates) and a letter from the factory showing their allocation per month.

At first I was sceptical of the wait increasing (thinking maybe my order pushed out to sell an non fleet car) but the salesman has been pretty upfront and has now just phoned to offer me a loan car (a BA but probley an XT) at no cost as he knows the lease on my current car is due mid may and needs to be handed back to Orix.

Also I just received a letter from the dealer prinipal apoligising for the delay and enclosing 3 day tickets and pit passes to the V8s here in Perth in June.

Ah well I guess it will be worth the wait!

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 27d
  • Location: Inglewood, W.A
Posted

Hey Mike1

I received the same letter from my Dealer yesterday giving me free tickets to the Wanneroo Races. I purchased my car from Centre Ford (24/02/03)....is this where you purchased yours from...? I've been told a June delivery for my "T" as well...ordering a Sun Roof has caused a delay....never mind as the saying goes good things come................

cheers

Zman

  • Proud Team Blueprint member
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 13d
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Sounds like we're all in the same boat, or have been.

Ordered mine in December and took delivery 1st week of April. It luckily coincided with he week that my other lease car had to go back.

Yes Mike1, it will be worth the wait.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...