MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 04/09/06 09:19 AM Posted 04/09/06 09:19 AM Hey all im Mike.... new to the FORD scene as I have owned and loved holdens all my life....I could have gone the super6 but it was gonna be too slow and would have cost an arm and a leg to get some decent power out of it and plus my m8 just bought a vy calais super6..... V8's are just to common (for me anyway) and IMO a bit $$$ to run...So I took a XR6T for a spin...OMG....A week later I picked up a Phantom 03' BA XR6T with 64K on the clock, premium sound and in mint condition for $23,500...Now I have a few questions as I am lost as to what to do...I dont want to do anything major...I have done some reading up but am still confused especially with the exhaust and the whole cappa box thingWhat should I get in terms of an exhaust...?? I have read that an aftermarket exhaust can slow me down??? how does that work? What should I do in this department?I understand that the 'box' is just 'plug and play' and it has some settings for me to choose...Some people have been getting 250rwkw's after just a tune and that is exactly what im after plus the exhaust...What to use interms of lowering... Just wack on some kings?? I was thinking ssl's all round any probs with these...Sorry for the long post guys n gals.....
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 04/09/06 09:27 AM Posted 04/09/06 09:27 AM For straight out performance an exhaust isn't required at 250rwkw's. Changing the cat will improve things a bit, and some replace the center muffler with hotdogs to give it a bit more of a bark.The CAPA box can be plug and play but I would strongly suggest getting a custom tune done by a well known tuner. We have most of the popular tuners as sponsors on this site so there's a place to start looking.As for lowering the guys with sedans use SL's in the front and SSL's in the rear.
LTSBGY Member 259 Member For: 20y 8m 24d Posted 04/09/06 09:29 AM Posted 04/09/06 09:29 AM (edited) Welcome to the addiction!The onyl restriction to the exhuast is the cat. A highflow cat would set you back about $300 depending on what you get and then plus fitment. A typhoon style intake with a K&N or BMC flat panel filter would also be a good mod as it cheap. Then simply decide on a tuner and get the capa edit and a custom tune. You are looking at about 260 + rwkw with those basic mods. For the springs most people are going with SL front and SSL rear but then you might need a camber kit aswell.Nesh Edited 04/09/06 09:30 AM by nesh
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 24d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 04/09/06 09:45 AM Posted 04/09/06 09:45 AM (edited) Welcome to the addiction!The onyl restriction to the exhuast is the cat. A highflow cat would set you back about $300 depending on what you get and then plus fitment. A typhoon style intake with a K&N or BMC flat panel filter would also be a good mod as it cheap. Then simply decide on a tuner and get the capa edit and a custom tune. You are looking at about 260 + rwkw with those basic mods. For the springs most people are going with SL front and SSL rear but then you might need a camber kit aswell.Nesh←Mate I could not agree more with the above. As far as performance mods. Apart from that mate you will need to make some gearbox adjustments. Clutch if it is a manual, trans cooler if it is an auto.Apart from that mate tell us where you are from, and we will be able to point you in the direction of a local tuner for you to see and get some information of. Well mate enjoy, and for a first post and first line I used to be Expensive Daewoo but they are slow so I bought a T. Music to my ears.Scotty Edited 04/09/06 09:48 AM by Kimberley Scott
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 04/09/06 09:47 AM Author Posted 04/09/06 09:47 AM Sweet thx boys cleared it up alot... the 2nd cai is what I have planned next as I have already chucked in a k&n filter... and deleting the rear spoiler too... Do any other non spoiler BA's come in phantom purple so I can just swap with someone who wants a spoiler or is the color just for the XR's?? Takes the hassel out of pluging the holes and the respray...
LTSBGY Member 259 Member For: 20y 8m 24d Posted 04/09/06 09:50 AM Posted 04/09/06 09:50 AM (edited) Im pretty sure its just the xr's and the FPV's. What state you from + area? Just a questions to suggest the tuners if you want.Nesh Edited 04/09/06 09:51 AM by nesh
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 04/09/06 09:53 AM Author Posted 04/09/06 09:53 AM Im from Vic... Carrum Downs to be specific
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 04/09/06 09:56 AM Posted 04/09/06 09:56 AM Spoiled for choice...Nizpro, HPF, G&D Performance are all good tuners around that area.
LTSBGY Member 259 Member For: 20y 8m 24d Posted 04/09/06 09:57 AM Posted 04/09/06 09:57 AM The tuners closest to you would prob be HPF, Nizpro and I think G&D performance. Have a look at their sections in Forum Sponsor's.Nesh
LTSBGY Member 259 Member For: 20y 8m 24d Posted 04/09/06 09:59 AM Posted 04/09/06 09:59 AM Spoiled for choice...Nizpro, HPF, G&D Performance are all good tuners around that area.←You seem to beat me to it every time.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now