jordak Member 1,226 Member For: 22y 3m 23d Posted 08/09/06 01:45 AM Posted 08/09/06 01:45 AM I'm assuming you're talking about CAT mods or are there other issues with this partuclar vehicle?←Oh Sh!t. I've caught Ian-itis. ill get the money and run haha, drive down to nizpro or hpf and get urself a real tune or just wait for the wog to come to brissie, what ever u do the results will comffort you.←Not necessarily. I've got a tune that ain't quite right from one of the places you mention, and it's a bloody long way to go back and get it fixed. I've sent the box back for tweaks, but I think they really need the car there to get it right.Tuner bashing seems to be a past-time for some on this forum. These guys should have been given the chance to sort out the problem before it became public IMHO.←Agreed and largely driven by resident experts who hold a blinkered view of maximum rwkw is king philosophy. Well its not 300rwkw so it must be f*cked with those mods right..........ppfftt
Blowute Member 56 Member For: 20y 9m Location: Brisbane Posted 08/09/06 01:45 AM Author Posted 08/09/06 01:45 AM To clarify, im pretty sure the only other issue with my car was using hose clamps on hose fittings on my fuel system intead of scew in fittings. I didnt purposely come on here to put sh*t on powertorque, just sharing my experiance and comparing with others, a bit upset with the outcome.
NeedmorePower Member 192 Member For: 20y 10m 4d Posted 08/09/06 01:47 AM Posted 08/09/06 01:47 AM dont worry about it buddy your going in with your cash and if your not happy f*ck em
NeedmorePower Member 192 Member For: 20y 10m 4d Posted 08/09/06 01:49 AM Posted 08/09/06 01:49 AM jordak work it out he has 250kwrw something with all those mods something must be wrong every1 gets that power with edit and u kno0w that .
boosted_sa Member 270 Member For: 21y 2m 13d Posted 08/09/06 02:14 AM Posted 08/09/06 02:14 AM I was more concerned with $500 for 1.5 hrs on the dyno! But if they're gonna refund the money, take it! looks like there's some burnt bridges now! Hope it all works out for you in the end Matt!Is there really not that many tuners for the edit in QLD or just where you're from?
JimmyXR6T04 Member 1,299 Member For: 21y 3m 12d Location: Canberra Posted 08/09/06 02:21 AM Posted 08/09/06 02:21 AM having a read on the LS1 forums on the topic of Redcliffe dyno, it has come to light that the car may have had some issues with it. It's not fair to flame powertorque if there are other issues with the car. For whatever the reasons, these issues haven't been mentioned by either party, but I'm guessing the sooner they talk about the issues, the sooner it'll be resolved happily. Blowute, if you know of any "unsafe" issues with your car, you should speak up as the flaming that powertorque just endured is probably not deserved. I for one, would like to apologise to powertorque for the comments I made without knowing the full face of facts.
Blowute Member 56 Member For: 20y 9m Location: Brisbane Posted 08/09/06 02:35 AM Author Posted 08/09/06 02:35 AM Like I said the only thing I am aware of is the hose clamps on barbed fitting, yes barbed (flared), originally I had hose clamped on steel line which was an issue, which I had since flared, instead of screw in fittings. Exhaust is standard less cat and middle muffler.
jordak Member 1,226 Member For: 22y 3m 23d Posted 08/09/06 02:42 AM Posted 08/09/06 02:42 AM jordak work it out he has 250kwrw something with all those mods something must be wrong every1 gets that power with edit and u kno0w that .←Regardless, people are all to keen to burn the Tuner without knowing enough of the facts to be judge jury and executioner.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 9d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 08/09/06 03:59 AM Posted 08/09/06 03:59 AM Well well well funny how theres two sides to every story. Im glad the Tuner in questions was notified about this thread so he was able to respond. Too bad its was after some members had already crucified him. So blowute your now back to square one with a standard tune and a refund oh and one burnt bridge. I'd be hoping the tuner who is refunding you money isnt in contact with other tuning houses in your area or even interstate as you may find it hard to get somebody to tune your car now. Theres alot to be said for making a simple phone call to let somebody know your not happy.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 08/09/06 04:28 AM Posted 08/09/06 04:28 AM Rather interesting turn of events indeed I think F6Rapid should come along so a blue clubbie can show him the way. ←The funny thing is the last time he was on the dyno in question the crazy bastard was sitting in the boot to try and get it to stick to the rollers (albeit a futile exercise)......and that was probably about 150kw's ago!
Recommended Posts