Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Bogan Shire
Posted
if you can't afford the cost of petrol, how can you afford to run an XR6T?? What would be the difference between 91ron, and 98ron?? maybe 10c per litre at the most. So using say 60L, it would cost an extra $6??? that's hardly gonna break the bank? and if it is, then I suggest you sell the T.

:msm:

Hell, I even ran Ultimate in my bloody Pintara and I was doing 600+km a week and literally earning nothing! I was doing enough highway KM's to warrant the better economy and general cleaner engine. Even now I run my XR8 on Premium.

As a side note, our 'quality' regular unleaded is banned is something like 45 states of the US because it's that bad :msm: Now THAT says alot :msm:

Lumpy :laughing:

  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

not trying to be a smart arse but,

if your complaing about $5-$10 for petrol how the F##K did u get the coin to buy the car in the first place. sorry buddie but your fried

  • 1 month later...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 10d
  • Location: Phillip Island
Posted

I get better fuel economy out of the T running on 98 than I did with the EF running on 95. Mind you the EF was in serious need of a tune and.. oh what the hell, a new motor even. :spoton:

I agree with the guys above though. More consideration should've been put into your purchase if fuel is a problem now. Unless of course your circumstances have changed since the purchase (ie: lost job etc).

If you're that worried about spending an extra $5 at the pump though, perhaps you should consider buying a second car on the cheap. Maybe a little runabout with a 1.8 ltr engine and keep the T for weekend cruising.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NSW
Posted

As has pretty much been established, despite being cheaper at the pump, premium 95 or 98 is cheaper due to the extra mileage, T or not. Every Falcon (just about every car for that matter) I've had goes further on premium, easily enough to offset the extra $5-6 per tank. On top of that premium tends to be a cleaner fuel and certainly burns cleaner so you also save on injector servicing costs.

By the way, for a BA Ford says 95 as a minimum. For BF they gave the motor a bigger adjustment range for the VCT (full 60 degrees) allowing drivers to 'safely' run 91, but they still recommend using 95.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 6m 30d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted (edited)

I dont know why you guys are debating this.

Its all in your manual.. (see below pic)

91 is fine to run on BA models..

post-6237-1161643793_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bain
  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

I don't know what your point is! Where did someone say you can't run 91? :spoton:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 4m 25d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted
I don't know what your point is!  Where did someone say you can't run 91? :spoton:

Tab, I think a few people have (incorrectly) debated this...

pretty sure in the book it says to run atleast 95 octane doesn't it?

If you own a Turbo I would not run 91 at ALL. Best you do some research on how this could do damage to your engine internals. I would think the engine would ping and rattle on 91 and I'm sure your manual says to only use 95 or 98 Ron.

By the way, for a BA Ford says 95 as a minimum.  For BF they gave the motor a bigger adjustment range for the VCT (full 60 degrees) allowing drivers to 'safely' run 91, but they still recommend using 95.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 8d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

although you can run 91ron fuel, why would your?? I've never run anything less then 95, and that was only a few times when I was stuck in towns that didn't have 98. As stated, 5-10 bucks difference shouldn't be killing the budget... unless you're struggling to even make repayments on the car, or mortage or whatever the circumstance might be.. but if that's the case you should consider whether you can actually afford to run a car like this.. considering insurance and the rest of its running costs, they're not a cheap car to keep on the road.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 6m 30d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
I don't know what your point is!  Where did someone say you can't run 91? :fool:

Learn to read and comprehend a structured thread.

Its amazing how things come together when you know how to do this..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...