Mozilla Not Happy With Forum

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 7m 12d

Just wondering, is anyone else having trouble accessing the forum with Mozilla Firefox at the moment??

Whenever I try to go to the forum, it asks me if I want to save some file to disk but won't let me in :spoton:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be.....
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 6m 16d
Just wondering, is anyone else having trouble accessing the forum with Mozilla Firefox at the moment??

Whenever I try to go to the forum, it asks me if I want to save some file to disk but won't let me in :spoton:

I was yesterday,

just clear your cookies and cache -- reboot and all will be "happy good" again :spoton:

shazzy

Guest newl
  • Guests

It wouldn't be Moz specific. What is happening is that the appropriate mime type or handler isn't set correctly for the php application.

Normally this is a configuration issue for the web server itself.

• Member For: 17y 7m 15d

Yeah there's a problem with the mime type registration. When you go to view an image, it's returned to the browser as text. IE views it because IE doesn't follow the rules, and displays what it thinks.

The server is returning "text/html" as the Content-type, rather than "image/gif" or other image type.

Firefox follows the rules, so the images are broken.

Also, I'm new here, so not sure if this is not, but when I click on "my garage" I get

The file /home/xr6turbo/public_html/forum/sources/lib/garage_loader.php has been encoded with the ionCube PHP Encoder and requires the free ioncube_loader_lin_4.4.so ionCube PHP Loader to be installed.

Edited by johng