Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • some guy...
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 21d
Posted
Well, I had my car dynoed before I took it to J Mock and it was 145kw at the wheels. This was already with many mods such as exhaust, extractors, unichip etc. I think the VCT is about 115rwk stock, not sure. I have spent way to much time and money on my car, and if I could go back to square one I would probably say go the stage 2 turbo. The dyno chart from mock says 160kw at the wheels, but who knows. Only thing is, be careful with insurance on the turbo because that is something very obvious.

I am happy with my car, it keeps up with an AU3 XR8 and a VX SS, however it has cost now me $55 000 total after all the work. Cars are a black hole, I love doing them up but the money just dissapears. Now I wish to sell and get a BA XR6T however I will lose so much on mine... oh well, that's the price you pay for such a hobby I guess.

Anyways, back on the topic, I reckon, go the turbo....or buy my car :D

Hope this helps.

oh yeah, I made up my mind on the turbo a long time ago, and my insurer is cool with any modification I make to the car. :) I'm with shannons you see.

as for cars being a black hole, that's true if you use your car to get from A to B. I am currently starting to promote my car a bit more and am looking around for someone who may want to sponsor my car for a few things. it's a project car that will become a road-going showcar eventually, but I'll still use it as a daily driver. well, weekend driver most probably.

if you go to any Ford or Tickford Owners Club of NSW displays, you're bound to see my car there. :)

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 10m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

I will be Turboing my AU in Jan 03, I'll let you know how it goes.

  • 4 years later...
  • Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Bogan Shire
Posted
How did it go?

Not good by the avatar.

Scotty

ConSarnYa You Varmint!

miner.jpg

Lumpy :spoton:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 23d
Posted

haha this thread is old!!

A wreckers down here has fitted an NA BA motor into an AU and managed to get it running using the AU ECU and coilpacks.

Im halfway through a BA into an EA conversion at the moment.

I really just need to put the gearbox in, organise a turbo manifold, wait for my plenum to arrive and send it away to have an ECU fitted.

I cant wait to have DOHC turbo goodness.

mypic252.jpg
  • Team Grandpa
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 5m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Hunter Valley
Posted

Oldly but a goody...are there still people that think an AU's looks better than a BA......?

  • Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Bogan Shire
Posted
Oldly but a goody...are there still people that think an AU's looks better than a BA......?

Where's my mate Jeff (Turbo6man) when you need him? or GlennPoofII?

Lumpy :spoton:

Posted

Actually, I believe him. If it were possible to make the swap, how many people would buy the DOHC head, rather than a BA? lots... however, I'd like someone to prove me wrong.

the blocks are diferent and as well as the head gasket but you can put the whole thing in with or without factory management been there done that!

  • Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Bogan Shire
Posted
the blocks are diferent and as well as the head gasket  but you can put the whole thing in with or without factory management been there done that!

I thought the Black Oak/Spanish Oak ECU had a spack attack if it wasn't connected to the ICC and all them other fandangleds?

Lumpy :spoton:

  • Big Gun
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NSW
Posted
Where's my mate Jeff (Turbo6man) when you need him?

Out buying a helmet for the snowy cruise. :spoton:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...