Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 11d Posted 23/08/06 12:21 AM Posted 23/08/06 12:21 AM I use the PWR and yes it required a bit of grinding to fit but the price put it darn close to a Wog Cooler and the quality ahead of it. As to the power gains, well that's not just a result of the cooler but requires some decent tuning as well. Little bit cooler air charge temp allowing a couple more degrees here and there ...perhaps. The issue for me was repeatibility and reliability of performance, which a large core I/c can provide with propoer choice, fitment and tuning.Dingah←how can a intercooler be priced over 900 dollars be close in price to one that is $484
FPVPSI Member 503 Member For: 23y 7m 16d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 23/08/06 03:01 AM Posted 23/08/06 03:01 AM so this cooler just bolts to the existing pipes yeh? no custom pipes in the engine bay etc...thanks
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 11d Posted 23/08/06 03:33 AM Posted 23/08/06 03:33 AM so this cooler just bolts to the existing pipes yeh? no custom pipes in the engine bay etc...thanks←Yes it bolts straight up.
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 11d Posted 23/08/06 11:07 AM Posted 23/08/06 11:07 AM With any of these coolers your still restricted by the stock pipe work. Replace that and then you can start maximising the benefits of the other ICs mentioned
LightningXR6T Member 197 Member For: 21y 3m 1d Location: Newcastle NSW Posted 23/08/06 11:04 PM Author Posted 23/08/06 11:04 PM (edited) PWR have 3 different part numbers for cooler for XR6T's. All I wanted to now is what the differences between the 3 are as PWR "at least the guy I spoke to" didn't have a clue. Edited 24/08/06 06:48 AM by Adam
byi Legacy Donating Member 159 Member For: 21y 1m 12d Posted 24/08/06 03:23 AM Posted 24/08/06 03:23 AM (edited) PWR have 3 different part numbers for cooler for XR6T's. All I wanted to now is what the differences between the 3 are as PWR "at least the guy I spoke to" didn't have a clue.←Anyone please? Edited 24/08/06 06:49 AM by Adam
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 11d Posted 24/08/06 03:29 AM Posted 24/08/06 03:29 AM (edited) PWR have 3 different part numbers for cooler for XR6T's. All I wanted to now is what the differences between the 3 are as PWR "at least the guy I spoke to" didn't have a clue.Anyone please? One is for a BA mark one one is for a BA mark 2 onwards I really aint sure what the other one is for. Edited 24/08/06 06:49 AM by Adam
jordak Member 1,226 Member For: 22y 3m 23d Posted 24/08/06 03:37 AM Posted 24/08/06 03:37 AM (edited) PWR have 3 different part numbers for cooler for XR6T's. All I wanted to now is what the differences between the 3 are as PWR "at least the guy I spoke to" didn't have a clue.If the guy you spoke to @ PWR didn't have a clue then ask to speak to someone else Edited 24/08/06 06:50 AM by Adam
LightningXR6T Member 197 Member For: 21y 3m 1d Location: Newcastle NSW Posted 24/08/06 05:01 AM Author Posted 24/08/06 05:01 AM (edited) PWR have 3 different part numbers for cooler for XR6T's. All I wanted to now is what the differences between the 3 are as PWR "at least the guy I spoke to" didn't have a clue.Anyone please? One is for a BA mark one one is for a BA mark 2 onwards I really aint sure what the other one is for.You are correct!PWI2054 = DELETEDPWI5154 = UP TO 2004 WITH OE BRACKETS WELDED TO THE COOLER FOR MOUNTINGPWI5405 = SOME LATE 2004 AND 2005 ON WERE A THREADED BOSS IS WELDED TO THE COOLER FOR MOUNTINGInfo provided by REPCO! Thankyou for all who helped answer my question! The End! Edited 24/08/06 06:51 AM by Adam
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 24/08/06 06:53 AM Posted 24/08/06 06:53 AM Thread cleaned...The topic is asking about the difference between the PWR intercoolers that are available.Any other crap has been removed.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now