Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 20d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 23/04/08 08:09 AM Posted 23/04/08 08:09 AM I don't think there's an issue with the BA/BF foggies as they are deigned properly - on just about every other make of vehicle they startle oncoming traffic as they are aimed too high....which ironically makes them absolutely useless in fog!VE's arent to bad either.AND no I'm not just saying that....
Slymeat Team Kickass Legacy Donating Member 1,926 Member For: 22y 8m 7d Gender: Male Location: Albion Park, NSW Posted 23/04/08 08:45 AM Author Posted 23/04/08 08:45 AM Fair callWas referring to the fact that they only reflect down to the road though, as in unless you're a possum sitting on the side of the road you couldn't be startled by a falcon fog light. Either way there's a place for them; not disputing that.PS: Still lovin' your front bumper I should have designed the new Ford, I already have some ideas. Although this may be fruitless as I am goin to get an G6E turbo this time I'm getting a bit more sufisticated.
our06t Mmmmm......BOOST Member 3,135 Member For: 19y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: central coast Posted 23/04/08 09:38 AM Posted 23/04/08 09:38 AM you got no fog lights on that is that right , I asked this question don't think I got an answer is it illegal to remove ie not have a functioning factory fitted light on a car
Slymeat Team Kickass Legacy Donating Member 1,926 Member For: 22y 8m 7d Gender: Male Location: Albion Park, NSW Posted 23/04/08 10:47 PM Author Posted 23/04/08 10:47 PM you got no fog lights on that is that right , I asked this question don't think I got an answer is it illegal to remove ie not have a functioning factory fitted light on a carGood question I am not sure I would think that you couldnt remove a headlight, tail light or a blinker as they have seperate requirements but fog lights, spot ligts, driving lights, interier lights, boot lights are anyones guess I hope you can.
jsmith Legacy Donating Member 712 Member For: 18y 11m 10d Gender: Male Location: Blacktown Posted 23/04/08 11:05 PM Posted 23/04/08 11:05 PM according to the RTA the is no provision for removing a fog/spot light, there are rules about this though that state no more than 6 forward facing "WHITE" lights, so basically those 4wd's you see with 2 head lights, 2 seperate parkers and 4 massive spot lights are all illegal (at least were when I did my trade certificate). Also the fog light rule is another open to interpretation for the officer who makes the decision on whether the weather is bad enough for the use of fog lights and if you get done for having them on during normal conditions suck sh!t I say. I am with sly on this rule, I HATE THEMMe personally, I only ever use my fog lights in fog (and then most times with the hazards on as well if it is bad enough) or when it is VERY dark out in the middle of no-where just to give me a bit more bearing on the side of the road.
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 20d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 26/04/08 10:23 AM Posted 26/04/08 10:23 AM Before it's stated wrongly AGAIN, I deleted the posts that were here, this threads title is: Sly's General Questions, The DiscussionGo start your own IB.Dont reply to this here as it will just be deleted as well.
dule Legacy Donating Member 1,180 Member For: 19y 5m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 07/05/08 02:38 AM Posted 07/05/08 02:38 AM Is there a number in NSW for reporting offenders on the road, be it cops or general public?
Slymeat Team Kickass Legacy Donating Member 1,926 Member For: 22y 8m 7d Gender: Male Location: Albion Park, NSW Posted 07/05/08 06:17 AM Author Posted 07/05/08 06:17 AM Is there a number in NSW for reporting offenders on the road, be it cops or general public?Just ring the nearest police station.
dule Legacy Donating Member 1,180 Member For: 19y 5m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 10/07/08 07:27 AM Posted 10/07/08 07:27 AM Hey mate, me again (I love this topic by the way).What is the rule with overtaking and double lines. Can you start the overtaking maneuver before the double lanes and finish it let's say 10-20m in to the double lanes or do you have to get back to your side of the road before reaching double lanes.I tried finding the answer in the nsw road rules but didn't find anything.
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 26d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 11/07/08 08:07 AM Posted 11/07/08 08:07 AM The stock foglights really dont do much at all IMO. Maybe I got to used to my 4wdthe stock foglights work awesome at lighting up the sides of the roads. I use them all the time!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now