Modification Options

cdm

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 21y 6m 7d

Ok, stage 1 will cost approx. $3900 but not finalised yet. The car on the dyno was a manual which is coping ok so far. Stage 2 kit will involve bigger injectors and a much bigger and improved intercooler.

From what I can gather from all companies and magazines, the weakest link is the manual box. I wish I could find out what Ford had up its sleeve for series 2. I rekon if they had a beefy 6 speed coming I would consider selling. I'm excited about this car though, the sky is the limit.

Street Tuner, you must let us know when you are pulling 500kw out of that ute! Now that, is a huge effort.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dyno Tuner
  • Member For: 20y 11m 12d

well I've just about put the finishing touches on our xr6t enhancement package, have done most of the dyno testing and will be travelling to the track next week to put her through the ringer, we ran the car in std form a couple of weeks ago and recorded 14.1 @ 100mph. I'm working on a couple of different levels of packages depends on peoples needs.

• Member For: 21y 6m 7d

Thanks dynosteve, that's a nice looking setup. What kind of power have you made on the dyno and what 1/4 mile are you aiming for? Also, if it's not too early, could you give us a price estimate?

Thanks,

Chris.

• Dyno Tuner

I'll post some dyno sheets later today if I'm not too busy at work, however I'm doing all my dynoing in real time dyno mode not shootout mode(as this mode seems to give mchappy figures and I'd rather true ones) I'm also track testing each kit level so that I can give a person a true indication of benifits. I personally are aiming for an 11 sec 1/4 out of my own personal car. I'm accutally going to do a round trip on sunday-monday from brissy to sydney in it just to check economy and realiablity

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 5m 5d
and on other forums.

You can say fordforums here Steve were not as pendantic. :lol:

Did i hear a rumour that your LJ was written off?

Wasnt the show car was it?

• Dyno Tuner

no my lj's not written off, I pulled it off the road 12 months ago after a couple of shows because of a couple of bubbles that appeared in the paint, I had the car stripped to find that the entire car that I had sandblasted so that the body could be done properly was bogged up and fibreglassed, wouldn't recommend that panel shop that did mine for anything, it comes out in july's edition of streetmachine.