Modification Options

cdm

• Member For: 21y 5m 17d

Where exactly is the ECU for this car? I beleive the Unichip is just a piggy back setup, correct? I heard it was in the side pillar, is this true? If so, I wonder how easy it would be to just plug in or remove at will....say, whenever your in for a service?

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest IMTRBO
  • Guests

ENGINE IS ALL WELL AND GOOD, what about the gear box and drive train I know of one UTE that has snapped 5 rear axels ( due to light wight in the back because it hops when applying the power) but I am more interested in a stregthen gear box anyone know what type of drive train are in the ba xr6t sedan

• TEAM BLUEPRINT
  • Member For: 21y 1m 24d

cdm

it looks like you have put a lot of work into this thread and we all appreciate it.

please keep us posted on any new mods.

it's hard to get hold of anyone to do these mods in the west

it looks like you have put a lot of work into this thread and we all appreciate it.

Thanks, not a problem. I will contribute as much as I know as often as I can, and hopefully others can do so as well.

• Member For: 21y 13d
Where exactly is the ECU for this car? I beleive the Unichip is just a piggy back setup, correct? I heard it was in the side pillar, is this true? If so, I wonder how easy it would be to just plug in or remove at will....say, whenever your in for a service?

Don't know about a piggy-back setup, I thought the ecu was the alloy box on the passenger side of the engine bay I was aslo told it is set in resin

I thought the ecu was the alloy box on the passenger side of the engine bay I was aslo told it is set in resin

Hmm, if so it means it is near impossible to do any mods to the ECU without ford knowing. And as far as I know, most mods require work to the ECU in order to bypass all the factory settings to prevent mods.

• Mal Wood Automotive
  • Member For: 21y 4m 21d
ENGINE IS ALL WELL AND GOOD, what about the gear box and drive train I know of one UTE that has snapped 5 rear axels ( due to light wight in the back because it hops when applying the power) but I am more interested in a stregthen gear box anyone know what type of drive train are in the ba xr6t sedan

Drivetrain is the same as V8 from the rubber coupling on the tailshaft back. Tailshaft won't be an issue. CV on rear of shaft will probably present vibration problems once it suffers wear. Diff clunk is very annoying, but is not a reliability issue. Half shafts shouldn't be a problem. Clutch is a bit light on, but a properly constructed HD replacement will fix that. Have I forgotten anything? Oh yes, gearbox. Well Mum always said if you can't say something nice about something........

• Formerly Turbo6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 20d
I know of one UTE that has snapped 5 rear axels ( due to light wight in the back because it hops when applying the power)

I find that VERY hard to believe dude. All my ute does when applying power is to slew down the road sideways shredding expensive rubber in the process. I have never not got any axle tramp whatsoever.

• Member For: 20y 11m 27d

We are about to test another car. This time with a 3 inch exhaust, larger injectors in the original place and a TSI ecu wired in.

We’ll put enough boost in it to test out the limit of the fuel pump and turbo compressor housing. Should be fun :)

P.S the TSI is undetectable by the factory ECU. Only it’s wiring loom can give the game away. But a plug in version might be developed if the demand is great enough.